New release

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by hunterslounge, Aug 24, 2006.

1. hunterslounge

hunterslounge Junior Member

I am looking for a new realease. I haven't used one ever. I wanted to get some opinions before I went out and bought one. What do yall recommend? Thanks.

2. piethon

piethon Member

It is so hard to get suggestions on that. Everyone will have a different release that they think is the best. If you have a good pro shop near you see if they will make some suggestions and let you shoot them. I shot about 4 or 5 before I found one that I liked.

3. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

do you want a back tention, wrist strap......etc.etc......

Tru ball, tru fire, scott, stanslovzski (I know I spelled that on wrong)....they all make quality releases.....

I like tru ball myself......the Rack Master leather buckle is the model I prefer....

4. erasmu

erasmu Junior Member

I think most new release buyers end up with a light trigger force caliper release. I think that is a mistake. I went through it like the rest. Initially you do pretty well, that is why so many are sold. However, as you try to improve, you are very likely to have problems with target panic and punching the trigger. I would suggest reading Core Archery by Larry Wise or watching Michael Braden's DVD (Straight Shooting with MB), or both. If you decide to go with a trigger style release, get one with a heavy trigger so that you can rest your finger on it and preload without fear of it firing. Good luck.

5. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

Arent most of the caliper style releases adjustable.....