New Rest, will it replace the WB?

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by OB1.25, Mar 5, 2007.

1. OB1.25

OB1.25 Junior Member

Catawba has a rest called the still shot. Anyone know any thing else about this new rest, anyone have one yet? Hunters friend.com has a good article on it.

2. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

Looks like a take off from a Boodles>HS

3. Jay Are

Jay Are Junior Member

NAP has a rest that looks similar to that (Quicktune 360). Was looking for a picture of it, but can't find it.

http://www.newarchery.com/

I wonder if these typs of rests gets Bowman's approval????? :noidea:

4. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

:noidea: :noidea: :noidea:

5. bullspotter

bullspotter Senior Member

hummm that looks interesting, looks to be a good hunting rest.... wonder if the main ring is alum or plastic......:noidea:

6. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Looks like a pretty nice rest but I wonder if it has the adjustability of the WB. What kind of price do they have on them???

7. bfisher

bfisher Senior Member

I wonder about the price, too. It looks to be another piece of polycarbonate with a metal attachment bar. Looks like about $10 if you ask me.

8. mdewitt71

mdewitt71 Senior Member

I have 3 WB rests and like them for my hunting rigs, this one has got my attention.
    When I "googled" it, the only thing I saw was the huntersfriend article.

I just emailed to company in reference to getting on.

9. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

I'm kind of surprised that all these knock-offs are coming out... Carolina Archery should have patented their idea of using bristles to hold up the arrow and secure it...

if they did and they weren't enforcing it before due to $$$ that isn't going to be an issue anymore with big daddy escalade now in charge

10. mdewitt71

mdewitt71 Senior Member

I agree, but the patent process is a long drawn out process....thats why patent pending is very common for a long duration before its locked it.

11. BowhuntnHoosier

Yep look at the STS. Why are they allowing others to copy their product?? Sorry for the HIJACK.

12. mdewitt71

mdewitt71 Senior Member

Exactly Bro, that is one patent I was referring too.
    While in the patent pending process there isnt much you can do thru litigation besided "Scare Tactics".
    Then once the patent is " locked and ****ed" and a "done deal", patent infringement court cases seem to be lengthy and very costly.

13. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

Patents don't protect ideas or materials only final products or processes...anyone can improve on an idea or product sometimes changing it only slightly and fall outside patent protection...:noidea:

14. OB1.25

OB1.25 Junior Member

Price

The price is around 40-50 bucks, Its all plastic. The article on it at hunters friend.com says it pretty tough, though. i might have to get one.

15. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

Actually Patents do cover intellectual property as well but by looking at this it is clear they just took the WB and cut off some bristles.

as for the STS, I doubt they will get a patent, the string suppressor idea has been around for years

16. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

Yeah ment to tell ya fellars back in 85 Golden Egale had a cable gaurd similar to the XT> Only 50% let off > HS

17. mdewitt71

mdewitt71 Senior Member

Well I cantacted who I thought was the maker/owner of this rest.....seems they are selling the rights to it and may be a while before it is on the streets.

Mike,
    Thank you for your interest in the STILL SHOT rest.
    I am in a pending agreement to sell the rights to manufacture
    this product. It should be finalized in a few weeks. I am sure
    it will be public knowledge soon so you can contact them.
    Thanks,
    Kevin Yoder
    Catawba Archery

18. BowhuntnHoosier

Thanks for investigating and letting us know whats going on.

19. BuckeyeRed

BuckeyeRed Super Member

I agree :cool:

20. Shaman

Shaman Senior Member

The one difference between WB and these other 'bristle' rest.
    The WB has 360 degree bristles, meaning that as long as you miss the small area of black bristles you will get consistent pass through on the rest every time.

With these 'gap' bristle rest, you either hit or miss the bristles.
    This can lead to some shots acting differently than others.
    True, a properly tuned bow with exact same weight arrows and turned nocks theoretically would always spin and pass through the same. But for hunting, I want to know that my arrow will act the same every time, all the time.