New shrink fletch system

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by philg, Jul 29, 2007.

1. philg

philg Member

What is your opinion on the new shrink fletch system. I bought and they look perfessional and easy to put on.

2. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

well, they are NOT new.....they have been available for a while, and they work well for emergency feild repairs, where hot water is readily available:doh:

but in my opinion, they are not precise enough for ME......if they work for you, by all means go for it....

3. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

They are also very expensive on a per-arrow comparison. And if you ruin 1 vane, all three need to be replaced. If you consider those things (I don't know about the 'precision' part of the equation, they are a lot of money for what you actually get.
    You would do better to invest in a fletching jig, adhesive and your favorite vanes. Fletching arrows is pretty easy...

Ron

4. philg

philg Member

I just thought I would try them. I always try new stuff when I can afford it. I will not stop fletching my arrows by any means. Like you say a quick fix in the field would be a good addition at camp.

5. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

by all means try everything you possibly can, that way when someone asks you can give your experience, and possible help someone who cant afford to experiment....:rockon:

6. lungcutter

lungcutter Senior Member

I think that they would be great in a pinch, if you were in a hunting situation. But, how many times have you gone on a hunting trip that you have ruined all of your vanes?

Just my thoughts

7. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

or where hot/boiling water is readily available....