New String Suppressors

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Jay Are, Nov 30, 2007.

1. Jay Are

Jay Are Junior Member

Looking at the design of the string suppressor of the new Bowtech, I was wondering if my logic on this is right or what everyone thought:

That the closer the String Suppressor is to the middle of the bow/ A2A… the better it would work? :noidea: :noidea: And if so, will making a string suppresser part of the cable guard going to be the new flavor for ’09???? :dizzy:

View attachment 5222

2. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I have been trying to tell all the Martin shoot thru guys, that they should mount thier STS from the cable guard hole in the riser, its allready there, WHY NOT USE IT.......hint hint smokes......

I just hope someone makes it a little nicer looking.....

3. clemenlp

clemenlp Diamond in the Rough

Ya, ugly is still ugly no matter how well it functions.

4. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

:rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

you got that right........look at the honda element.........:lol:

5. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Yeah, or that shoebox Scion thing... Or whatever it's called.

Ron

6. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I think they are both produced by NIKE........:noidea:

7. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

In a weird way you could actually be correct... :bowl:

Ron

8. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

I'd just like to point out that The old TRX-32 / 36 had these already on the cable guard... but they broke off because of poor design. ITs not a new or revolutionary idea, they just stole it from others and made it look ugly.

9. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

they are famous for that arent they????:noidea:

10. clemenlp

clemenlp Diamond in the Rough

I just have a few questions:

One: would it have been too much to ask for the roller guard to be fully encased to have a little extra protection from the string coming off?

Two: Can the rubber insert in the bow be replaced or do you have to replace the whole unit from the roller back?

Three: When these do begin breaking, which way will it go and how close to the hand will they come. Arrows through the hand looks painful enough, I really don't want to see suppressors through the arm.

11. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I asked the same question of the Tec Hunter ELITE......and got BURNED at the stake......just a warning.....:D

12. bfisher

bfisher Senior Member

Funny you should mention this. I've been mounting home brewed versions like this on Martin shoot-throughs for 4 years now. Make them out of old cable guard rods. Measure, cut, drill and tap the end for a Simms enhancer, and WALLA. About 1 1/2" above the nocking point.

I suppose you have taken notice of the STS on some of the new Martin's, right? Factory installed.