new to archery

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by BOWMAN313, Nov 4, 2007.

1. BOWMAN313

BOWMAN313 Junior Member

ok i am new to archery sorta, like i use to shoot a bow with my dad in the backyard but now i am getting back into bows? i was wandering what everyone thought of the parker bows? please let me know what you guys think of them.

thanks

2. bullfiddle

bullfiddle Movin on up!!!

I bought a Pheonix 34 this year and I love it. Parker also has the best customer service I have dealt with. I would give em 2 thumbs up.........:peace:

3. BOWMAN313

BOWMAN313 Junior Member

my step dad had the parker 32 and he loved it but he is dumb and he sold it

4. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

Welcome...
    I have not heard anything bad about Parker...
    But if you're shopping for a bow, shoot as many as you can before you buy...

5. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

I don't know, but when I went to buy a bow they were trying to sell me a Parker. I bought a Mathews, got a fabulous :)D ) deal on it.

Welcome to archery and the forum!!! I haven't shot my bow in so long, I feel like I am going to be 'new' to archery when I start shooting again :lol:

6. BOWMAN313

BOWMAN313 Junior Member

Yea My Dad Hhad A Matthews($2500 Worth Of Stuff Stolen From His Truck) But That Was 6 Years Ago Nd He Shot A Bowtech The Other Day And Is Thinking About Getting One Of The Bow Techs

7. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

If I was going to switch from a Mathews, I would try a Bowtech. :tape: :decision:

8. BOWMAN313

BOWMAN313 Junior Member

9. STRO

STRO get'n rid of target panic

Is this you in disguise bunnyman, looked wierd seeing that username back up here. Can't tell you about parker bows, never shot one.

10. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

nope not me........:noidea:

11. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

:welcome: to the forum

All I can say is shoot every bow you can get your hands on. Do not just take someone elses word for it and go buy that brand. I shot every brand and model I could before purchasing my Switchback XT.

Parker
    Mathews/Mission
    Hoyt/Reflex
    Bowtech/Diamond
    Martin
    PSE/Browning
    Bear
    Ross

All make fantastic bows and feel different and are priced different. Let the bow pick you. Then the real difficulty begins accessories.:doh: Rest/sights/arrows/quivers/releases/targets/off the string or d-loop

Good luck and have fun in your hunt for a bow that fits YOU. Keep on postin and if you need any help be sure to ask.:peace:

12. bfisher

bfisher Senior Member

If you are on a budget this is not a bad bow to begin with. Everybody has to start somewhere. We all did at one time. Parker does make good bows. It's not going to be the fastest rig in town, but it doesn't have an $800+ price tag either.

I would suggest shooting one though before you lay the money on the line.

13. BOWMAN313

BOWMAN313 Junior Member

i have shot a a couple parkers and i like the feeling of them, im sorta on a budget cuz my dad is buying it for my bday or christmas and so i figured i would get something not to exspensive cuz he is getting the bowtech which he is prolly gunna drop a grand or so on when he first buys it lol

14. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

Bingo!

Hit tha nail on the head.:peace:

15. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

I would find a pro-shop or archery dealer that carries alot of different brand bows. Shoot all the ones that fit what you want in a bow!!! Price, accessories, quietness or what ever you want. Parker makes good bows but, dont sell your self short when getting back into archery. Shoot different brands so you can compare it. Not all bows fit every person the same. Some will find that a $800.00 bow fits them the best while others will find that a $300.00 bow works for them just fine. The little differences in the manufacturers bows will work for some and not for others. thats why there areso many out there to try!!!! what Parker were you looking at??

16. BOWMAN313

BOWMAN313 Junior Member

17. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

never shot a spit fire. if thats the one your talking about. shoot it before you buy it...

18. BOWMAN313

BOWMAN313 Junior Member

o yea i deffiently am going to shoot it befor i buy