New To Bowhunting

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by bah64504, May 13, 2008.

1. bah64504

bah64504 New Member

I RECENTLY PURCHASED MY FIRST BOW ON EBAY AND IT IS A MYLES KELLER XI COMPOUND HAS ANYONE HEARD OF THESES AND IF SO ARE THEY ANY GOOD? ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED.:peace:

2. dbdcougar

dbdcougar He Who Drops His Bow Arm

Help me on this one everyone, I'm thinking that's an old Browning bow? If it's what I think it is it would be OK to see if you're interested in getting into the game but you would want to get something newer that would give you better performance if you decide to continue on into it. :welcome:

3. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

I don't have a clue, but :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

4. Slippy

Slippy Buckeyes #1

:noidea: :noidea:

5. hrchdog

hrchdog Junior Member

If I remember right it was made by indian archery.

6. J.C.

J.C. New Member

Xi's were great bows back in the day. there were thousnads of deer killed with them. it'll work fine for you aslong as it fits your draw length and is set up properly. ask us as many questions as you need to

Miles Keller is a deer killin foo......:biggrin1:

7. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

:welcome: to the forum buddy. Hope you enjoy yourself.

XI bows were great. And yes Myles knows a little about hunting.:peace:

8. J.Blay

J.Blay New Member

Welcome fellow bowhunter! I started with an "old bow". I took a deer with it my first year back at it after a 25 year lay off. My problem was that the vibration made my elbow hurt when I practiced alot, so I didn't practice enough. After my first whitetail season ended I knew I was hooked so I wen't shopping for a new bow hoping to lessen the elbow pain. I knew by the third shot I was going to buy one. I got a Hoyt Ultra Mag. My elbow pain wen't away and this bow wasn't as comfortable as most of the parallel limb bows available today, untill I added more Limbsaver dampening parts. I would suggest hunting with your old bow. If you decide to continue, spend enough to get a bow you love to shoot. It may become a year around obsession for you too. Have fun, I do.

9. TEN RING

TEN RING ONE SHOT ONE KILL

They where good bows and had some speed you should have the string and cables look at, They came with fast flight strings and they did stretch