new to the forum

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by mrw, Oct 15, 2007.

1. mrw

mrw Junior Member

Hey from a new TX member...

It was my birthday this weekend, and damn if my girlfriend didn't get me a slightly upgraded bow!!! Drenalin to be exact.

My carbon extreme is kind of long in the tooth and i'd been looking at a switchback or outback, but this kind of trumps it.

I'm a hunter, not a 3d guy, but wanted to ask a rest question. I want a capture rest and guess i could give up a bit of speed, but one of my hunting buddies is shooting a whisker bisket and says it tears up/off his fletches? Anybody else? I read up on reviews on capture/fall away rests and none of them are really getting just great reviews. Any opinions appreciated. I was also looking at the mathews convertible HDII, it looks pretty cool, but i've shot about 4 different rests on my old bow and found that expensive wasn't necessarily better.

I think i've got the rest of the rig figured out, but WOW!!! 100$ for mathews new arrow web quiver! That's kind of steep. I don't know if i can spring for that.

Glad to have found the forum.

2. Werd

Werd Senior Member

Gotta shoot blazer vanes. I had that problem with 5" vanes. Get a whisker biscuit and you wont regret it. Just make sure you buy blazer vanes to put on your arrows.:welcome: to 3dshoots

3. MoSkeeter0311

MoSkeeter0311 New Member

I've been playing around with the Vapor Trail Limb Driver. I don't like to add anything to my cables if I don't have too. So far it's been great. I haven't used it in a hunting situation yet. Just ordered another one .

Welcome to the site.:welcome: :welcome: :peace:

4. timberghost

timberghost Senior Member

Good ta meet ya. :wave:

I'm having great results with my QADpro ld. It's on a Hoyt though.

5. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

Friends got a biscut and sliced tha vanes off about 1/8" high so I put feathers on it no more problems.

6. david13

david13 Senior Member

i put a little dab of super glue in front of each feather so when u shoot it through the whisker biscuit it doesnt rip them off

7. tnts79

tnts79 Senior Member

A pro series QAD is probally the best full containment drop away on the market. I currently shoot a whisker on my hoyt, arrows tend to fly a tad nock high through a whisker biscuit, but they are dependable for hunting - no moving parts! Blazer vanes are the way to go with a WB, and I put a small drop of glue on the leading edge of the vane as others have stated. I have no problems with my whisker, but I plan on putting a QAD on my trykon or new bow next year.

8. Cablegaurd21

Cablegaurd21 Senior Member

Welcome to the Forum!:welcome:

9. Leebo

Leebo Junior Member

I shot a QAD love it for hunting. The spring broke on it, but i shot the fool out of it for a couple years. I have a limb driver now. Lovin it actually beleive my groups have gotten tighter. Good luck with your Drenalin. My peice :censored: drenalin has been in the shop more than its been in the case. Thank God for warranty.

10. IChim2

IChim2 IChim2 and he's a shooter

:wave: :wave: :welcome: :welcome: ......

11. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

please do tell about all the warrenty problems.........

12. mrw

mrw Junior Member

hope not....

Not to wish ill on a fellow hunter, but i sure hope you got the exception. (or i got the exception, either way)

Sorry to hear about your troubles, sure would like to know what i need to watch for.

THanks.

13. lungcutter

lungcutter Senior Member

:welcome: and congrats on the new bow.

14. hduc2005

hduc2005 Senior Member

:welcome: :welcome: congrats on the bow I love my Mattews rest I have them on all my bows and I have one on the wifes bow too