New to this

Discussion in 'Beginners Archery Range' started by TONECOP45, Aug 17, 2007.

1. TONECOP45

TONECOP45 Junior Member

Hello Everyone,

My name is Tony and I am new to this forum and also new to bowhunting and archery. I am ready to begin learning the art of bowhunting. I just purchased my first bow which is a Forge PF 34. I am wanting to new the good or bad about this bow. I look forward to talking with everyone.

2. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

I don't think I've ever heard of Forge before...

I just looked them up and now I know that I've never heard of em before. They must be very small time / local and the PF 34 isn't a current run. Which I could tell ya more about it but I just don't know anything on them

3. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

Welcome to the group...and the sport :wave:

I've heard of Forge, But nothing about them...I don't know any one who sells or shoots them sorry...

4. red44

red44 Senior Member

I'm not familiar with them either, but here's a good place to start.
    http://www.forgebow.com/contact.html
    Get all the bow specs (axle to axle, and brace height), cam system, how draw lenth is changed, string/cable lenths, tune specs, etc, right from them. Welcome to archery, and this forum. Don't hesitate to ask any questions, if we can help we will.

5. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

Welcome!! :biggrin1:

6. TONECOP45

TONECOP45 Junior Member

Thanks

Thanks for all the reply. I do like the designs of the Forge bow and would consider it the first bow. I will be getting a Bowtech in the future but starting out right now. Please continue to send more feedbacks. Thanks

7. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

Hey if it shoots and shoots true go kill ya a sack full of deer with it.
    Don't let tha advertizin' hype fool ya.
    Oh yeah welcome here and I hope ya don't mind our little bit well whole lot of craziness and hijackin' threads fer we are notorious fer it..... even love it.
    so jump on in with both feet.:lol:

8. J.C.

J.C. New Member

:welcome: TONECOP45

9. hduc2005

hduc2005 Senior Member

welcome:welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

10. chelleo

chelleo Senior Member

:welcome: to the forum and to the very diverse sport of archery. I do hope you're gonna do plenty of practicing before you go out hunting. I've always wondered..do folks buy a bow then shoot a little and deem themselves ready to go hunting? I do hope you're going to do lots of practice and become a pretty good shot before you go finding your dinner.

11. TONECOP45

TONECOP45 Junior Member

I plan to practice before I hit the field. I want to at least practice twice a week at the local archery range in Gander mtn. I also plan to visit a high fenced hog hunting ranch once I get better and confident.

12. lungcutter

lungcutter Senior Member

Have fun shooting. As for the hog hunt, they sure are some good eatin.
    :welcome:

13. nyarcher

nyarcher Member

:welcome: :wave:

14. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Well Hi there and WELCOME to the forum. :peace:

15. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

Forge Archery is a small company. I shot the smoke and the srx. very nice shooting bows. Fast and quiet. built very well also. Good luck..

16. outdoorsman

outdoorsman Senior Member

:welcome: sorry i dont know anything about them .... if it shoots and you can group arrows with it then it is a good bow....no need to buy the advertisements especially for the first bow... enjoy it and shoot often.... good luck :usa:

17. chelleo

chelleo Senior Member

That's great to hear ....BTW my statement was a fairly generalized one ....not any reflection on you at all. But, but then you're gonna kill ole porky pig...oh the shame of it all :lol: