New/used 3D Bow

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Hkdfrlife, Aug 3, 2006.

1. Hkdfrlife

Hkdfrlife Senior Member

Thinking of trying to find a good Target Model to set up for open class. Currently shooting a Camo Trykon. Whats the word on older Mathews conquests. Any Suggestions?

2. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

I've heard a lot of people like the Conquests if it helps?

3. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

I have a Kiwi Conquest 2 that I really like. They have plenty of speed and hold well. I am looking for a Rootbeer colored one at the moment and have mine for sale in the classifieds if you're interested. :rockon:

4. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Hey there Hkdfrlife have you checked out WP for that Conquest??? Here is a link to his used bows and I am not sure about the Conquest but I think it was Kiwi colored. http://www.willowpointarchery.com/cgi/usedbows.pl?act=veiw May want to give him a call also may want to check out the ICON for sale but I think it is camo:noidea: Good luck and if I may say so the Conquest 2 is a great shooting bow.:rockon: Although if I had the money it would be a Apex 7 for me.:peace:

5. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

Too Funny

The Conquest 2 I am selling is the one Jim had at Willow Point. I traded him a Black Cherry Conquest 2 for the Kiwi one I am trying to sell. Jim is a great guy and good to deal with.

6. BowhuntnHoosier

Yep, Jimmy is a great guy and has always treated me right.:amen: I bought my XT off him. I have been thinking about shooting that ICON he has and seeing if it will be good for indoors.:noidea: Maybe do a little custom painting on it.:rockon: He has alot of real nice used bows there for sale. Later fella's:peace:

7. whitetail99

whitetail99 Senior Member

I have a great Darton Tundra that is a proven winner. Check your Pm's

8. Hkdfrlife

Hkdfrlife Senior Member

New /used target Bows

I was in Willow Point on Sat. He had a Conquest 2 and an Icon on the rack. Ended up getting a used lens for my Viper scope while I was in there. Nice guy. Shot at Odon on Saturday, I sucked. Went to Dugger on Sunday. I like their shoot, hadn't been there since the early 80's. Still didn't shoot well, but better than Saturday. Shot the bowhunter class and ended up with a 270. Kept dropping my bow to peek. Old habits die hard!! I almost went back around using my open setup, but it startred getting hot and I had endured enough mental punishment for one day. Gotta go. later, Doc

9. BowhuntnHoosier

So did you shoot the ICON or Conquest??? And did you like either one?? Do you like your Viper Scope??? I really like how bright the pin is on those Vipers. I have never shot at Dugger before. Jimmy is having a shoot this coming Sunday. I have to work though.

10. Hkdfrlife

Hkdfrlife Senior Member

3D Bows

I didn't shoot either bow due to Jim being busy and being short on time myself. I lke the viper scope pretty well, but would like to add a light later on, I have a 4X lens and picked up a used 6X that came in in a viper scope, but he didn't think it was a viper lens. I love shooting in coal country. I got started deer hunting in the 60's in Pike County, and later joined the Pike County Bowhunters when I got started shooting 3D. The Dugger shoot is on state ground so it's easy to access and really clean. Shooting across and between spoil banks can really mess with your ydg guesser. There were also a lot of targets shot from open fields into shaded woods. Had to take the lens off my spott hog cause I couldn't see. Maybe we can get together at thier next shoot. Later

11. aggie2000tx

aggie2000tx Junior Member

I just bought a Conquest II for 3D. I can not wait to get it setup and start shooting with it.