New York

Discussion in 'Offtopic' started by ridgewalker243, Dec 12, 2006.

1. ridgewalker243

ridgewalker243 Member

I dont know how many of you are from the southren zone of N.Y. but I was wondering what ever body thinks about them swithcing from shotgun to rifle??? I personally think its a bad idea. I think the reason there are some nice bucks at least in Stueben county where I hunt is becuase your distance you can shoot is limited. Also I think there is going to be a lot of dead flat landers on the state lands :biggrin1: .

2. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

I'm not from NY but to be honest with the shotguns that they have now and the rifled slugs that they have a shotgun is easily accurate to 200+ yards. Not sure how wide open your area is but around here 200+ yard shots are pretty rare unless your hunting a huge corn field

3. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

southern zone of NY......?????.......no rifles??????......What you talkin about willis......I hope the game warden doesnt ever come over here to Ulster.....cuz everybody and there mother uses rifles.....shotgun in dutches and a few spots in schoharie but other than that its rifle country.....remington country.....

4. ridgewalker243

ridgewalker243 Member

Shot gun

I know there are two counties that have switched to rifle but I am pritty sure that most of the southren zone NY is shotgun. I dont know much about the south east tip of NY that your in. Where I hunt its the south west corner of NY. its shot gun.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2006
  5. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

Most of the areas around me anyway are open to all firearms......and we dont have a rifle or shotgun or firearms season.....we have Regular season....so any legal hunting implement....bow, muzzleloader, shotgun, rifle, hand gun, dodge, ford, chevy......:biggrin1:

6. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

Southern zone is about 50/50...
    I'm in the south east...It's almost all rifle here except for Dutchess, Putnam and Rockland Co's (shotgun)and Westchester Co.(archery only)
    I prefer rifle to shotgun, but that's me...

I think they should extend the season into January...

7. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

we need to shorten the season or something.....let the deer herd get back to good numbers.....

8. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

Numbers Smumbers....I need more time to hunt!!!!

9. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

let them grow.....go shoot some crow.....

10. wish we had a portion of your herd problem:rockon:

11. ridgewalker243

ridgewalker243 Member

Tags

I had 5 tags going to NY stueben county about 3 years ago(1 buck, 4 doe). I will have to agree that they need to lay off a little.