Newbie with questions

Discussion in 'MAC Midwest Archery Championship' started by Serge Storms, May 7, 2008.

1. Serge Storms

Serge Storms New Member

Hello everyone,
    My friend just took me to my first 3d shoot and I now have the bug. I will be shooting MBR this season and just looked at the MAC rules which stated sights may not be adjusted on the course. I just bought a tru glo range rover on EBAy 30 minutes ago before I read the rules. I am I reading this correct that I may not move my sight pin in MBR? Also, is there a max. stabilizer length?
    Thanks Chris

2. J.C.

J.C. New Member

:welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

I'm not sure what MAC is, but most bowhunter classes are restricted to 4 or 5 fixed pins and a stabilizer no longer than 12".

3. Serge Storms

Serge Storms New Member

The tru glo is a single pin that is adjustable.

4. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

A moveable sight like that will take you out of all fixed pin classes. You are adjusting you pin to specific yardages which is similiar to using a scoped target sight.

5. Serge Storms

Serge Storms New Member

ten four- Thank you!
    Can you comfirm legal stabilizer length?

6. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

MAC is Midwest Archery Championship. If you're shooting MBR, there is no limit to the stabilizer length. Hunter class is 12".

7. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

Sounds similar to IBO rules.

8. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

Yeah...
    There is no limit on your stab in MBR, but with that sight you can shoot MBO...:decision:

9. Serge Storms

Serge Storms New Member

I was thinking about that, but am unsure how many arrows I am going to lose at some 50 yarders