Nirk Wooden Arrows

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by TONYKEAS, Aug 27, 2007.

1. TONYKEAS

TONYKEAS Junior Member

Nirk Wooden Arrows, I have a case (12) of them I just found in my basement. I cant find any info on them, can anyone help me out here??? they are a Red Whit & Blue design, all with field tips & feathers & nocks. I cant seem to find any info on them so I know someone on here will know about them. Thanks.

2. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

:noidea: :noidea:
    no idea, but someone might...
    ttt

3. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

Had To Do Some Digging

In 1927 Ace founder John Schwenk began making and selling a small game broadhead and other archery equipment, in St. Paul, Minnesota. In the 30’s he introduced the Ace Standard Broadhead. In 1946 came the Hi-Speed head. The Ace Hex Concave Non-Skid was introduced in the early 50’s. It was advertised for small game and archery golf. We now call this head the Ace Hex Blunt and “Bunny Buster”. In 1954 the Interlocking Parallel Ferrule was produced, then in 1955 the Interlocking Tapered Ferrule was introduced (patented 1958) and soon after new or improved heads incorporating this new ferrule. These included the Express, Super Express, and the four blade models Alaskan, African and Jet. John sold over 1 million broadheads in the years he owned Ace.

John sold the company in the early 70’s to Gerald “Doc” Schwartz of Fulda, MN. Doc continued to produce Ace broadheads, and advertise them in archery magazines for about 5 years. He also made the Snaro bird point, which he still produces.

Doc Schwartz sold Ace to Larry Nirk of Nirk Archery in Potlatch, ID. He produced Ace broadheads for several years and packaged them in Nirk packages.
    Ray Douglas who owned Ace for a short time, sold the company in 1996 to Bruce Hedstrom, Dale Alexander, and Ken Anderson of the St. Paul area. Bruce is credited with improvements like the triple laminated tip and copper brazing on the Ace Standard. In 1999 Bob Mayo bought Ace. Since then we have reintroduced improved versions of some of the old Ace heads that were so popular in years past. A total of over 80 different broadhead models have been manufactured by Ace over the years. Ace passed the million sold mark many years ago. Many well known bowhunters have taken virtually every type of game animal with Ace Broadheads.

Here at Ace Archery Tackle LLC we continually strive to provide our customers with the best quality archery products available. We listen to our customer’s requests for new products, or to bring back old favorites.

We would like to thank Bruce Hedstrom, Doc Schwartz, Buck Lewis and Clark Gallup for helping us with information for this history. If any of you other Broadhead collectors or archery history buffs could add any information or corrections, we would like to hear from you. Give us a call toll free at (877) 549-3444 or e-mail to ace@acearcherytackle.com

Bob Mayo, President

4. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

WOW...
    Great Goolge Batman...:laugh:

5. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I was talking about in the back of my head.......I just had to remember the right info......:noidea: :laugh:

6. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

Also if you go to 3 rivers.com.....they sell NIRK knocks......

7. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

8. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

what can i say I am full of KNOWLEDGE........:noidea:

9. TONYKEAS

TONYKEAS Junior Member

Worth???

Holy Cow..... Thank you very much Rain Man...... I mean Bowman...... What do you think a set of 12 would be worth???

10. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

now your just asking too much........

:laugh:

$50.........:noidea: