Nock Travel Plotting Machine

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by oldbuck, Jan 13, 2008.

1. oldbuck

oldbuck New Member

Hello,
    This is a second genertaion Nock Travel machine I designed & built. You can PLOT nock travel, time cams, measure actual draw length and make draw force curves with. Note that the riser NEEDS to be clamped in order to get any meaningfull nock travel results. I posted the results of the nock travel testing on the AT forum last year. There are three threads, nock travel testing 1, 2 & 3. Pretty interesting results. I have no axe to grind here folks, just gave the results as measured. If anyone cannot get the info then PM me and I will try to help. I will be doing some 2008 bows this winter as well as a spine test review. Pictures of spine tester I designed as well. Credit also to my Tool Maker friends who made many parts for both machines.
    oldbuck

2. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

WOW........thats awsome.......

3. MoSkeeter0311

MoSkeeter0311 New Member

Have to agree with Bunnyman. Awesome setup. and wish to say :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: to the site.

4. QSA

QSA One eyed/Gutless wonder

really, if you can test a Blade runner they claim to have 0 nock travel. I would love to find out.

5. QSA

O yes welcome.

6. bullfiddle

bullfiddle Movin on up!!!

THat looks pretty SWEET...:cool:

7. oldbuck

oldbuck New Member

Blade Runner

Help me out here, who make that bow? So many models out there its hard to keep track. Please PM the answer so I don't have to hunt for it.
    oldbuck

8. bullfiddle

bullfiddle Movin on up!!!

Blade Runner Archery makes them here's a link...http://www.bladerunnerarchery.com/

9. QSA

Blade Runner ISO Force, made by Blade Runer Archery.

http://www.bladerunnerarchery.com/
    well bull beat me to it. It is my main hunting rig, I love it.

10. OneMustFall

OneMustFall Member

Very nice setup................:welcome:

11. jdawg240

jdawg240 BOWNUTS

Id never leave the house. Will that be in production anytime in the furture?

12. that sure could account for my shots being so far off.:doh: :laugh: :laugh:

13. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

Nice job. One question. How are you setting the bow when its clamped. Are you making the bows string perpedicular to your straight line and then clamping?

Oh, after looking at this more... I need more info:biggrin1:

Have you tested the 2007 Bowtech Binaries? Can we see the results?

Thanks for any info.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2008
  14. oldbuck

oldbuck New Member

Bow setup procedure

The way I determine nock travel is a from line drawn perpendicular to the bow string at rest. As that is the reference the initial setup is NOT critical. I have proven this by testing and replotting with bows square or out of square...same plot data. The forum limits the file size I can attach. If you send your email address I will send the data to you.
    oldbuck

15. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

I've had a chance to review oldbuck data and it is very interesting. But I have a lot more questions. Oldbuck, see your email.