nock trouble.

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by duckslayer870, Sep 8, 2008.

1. duckslayer870

duckslayer870 New Member

I have some beman ICS hunters that I had reflectched recently, I had the shop put wraps on them but when they refletched them the nocks are not turned so that the **** feather is not lined up where there supposed to be. I started to shoot a QAD drop away. is this as important with this rest as with others.
    by the way I cant seem to get the nock to turn. are they just that tight?:noidea:

Last edited: Sep 8, 2008
  2. Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot New Member

I got a beman mfx the other day and almost broke the knock twisting it out. I shoved the back side of a knife in it to get good leverge, but you are right they are super tight. I needed somebody else to hold the arrow while I twisted the knife. I don't know why the bowmen would have glued it down.

As for the qad, shoot the **** fletch up, because the qad falls a little slow usualy. Mine just barely knicks my fobs, so get all the clearance you can.

3. duckslayer870

duckslayer870 New Member

pocket knife fixed problem:doh:

4. longcut36

longcut36 Senior Member

little trick I use if nocks fit tight. rub some string wax on nocks before you install them. makes them a lot easier to install and turn.

5. whitearrow

whitearrow Bust 'Em

just nock the arrow on the string and grab the arrow by the insert end and turn it to the desired orientation.this is the way that i do mine.

6. Paul Morris

Paul Morris never fletch again

If the FOBs are hitting the rest, that is not good. I would be glad to go over your set up and help fix if I can.

7. Mathews Man

Mathews Man Foam Killer

I would suggest to everyone get a nock tool the are cheap and normally come with a dozen nocks, I have had my pro shop give em to me, they work alot better than a knife or twisting on the string.