Non Bow Hunter Question...

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by bonbonely, Oct 6, 2005.

1. bonbonely

bonbonely Junior Member

I'm trying to get a release for my son to give to his step father for Christmas, but I don't know the first thing about them and I don't want to get him something he won't use or that is cheaply made, but I do want to spend the least amount of money possible while still getting good quality. His bow has 95 lbs. of pressure (if that helps any).
    I'm also wondering which is better; one that straps around your wrist or one that you hold like a pistol, any imput?? PLEASE!!

2. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

He must be one huge guy:D

95# is not very common any more. For reasonable priced yet good releases, check out the Tru Fire Judge release. It is a wrist strap model. For that kind of weight I would think he would want a wrist strap.

3. foamhunter

foamhunter Junior Member

Tru-Fire

95#???? Man that is a powerful bow. I shoot 82# and that is about my edge... I'd also go looking at Tru-Fire products. They make some models with a combination wrist-strap and pistol grip, like the Tru-Fire TTC Tru Caliper Custom, which is what I use to hang onto that 82# that I pull against.

As my backup release I have a Tru-Fire SFC Split-Fire Custom which uses a ball bearing release head.

They have excellent customer service as well, so you can't go wrong with them.

4. Pinky

Pinky Senior Member

The type of release is a personal preference thing. And, there are soooo many too choose from. Maybe you could get your son to tell where he normally shops for archery gear, and, just get him a gift certificate instead. Just a thought.

5. jskd82

jskd82 Junior Member

the wnn C-10 might be a good choice also because it will make it easier to draw that 95# bow. Winn release

6. bonbonely

bonbonely Junior Member

Thanks to all!

I've heard a few people ask him about the 95#, but he says it feels right to him.
    Thank you all for your imput, I will be looking into those models you mentioned.
    The gift card would probably be a good idea, but I'll probably be getting him one for a pair of boots and I really like to see the faces on the receiver when they get something they've really been wanting, I'm just funny like that.

Thanks again, to all of you!

7. Pinky

Pinky Senior Member

I can understand that. My bride is the same way.

Just let everyone know if you need any more help. :)

8. AKStickKiller

AKStickKiller Junior Member

Can you say "Gift Card"

9. mq32hunter

mq32hunter Junior Member

Hey, i dont know about the whole 95 pound thing. He would have to be one hell of a strong dude. As far as releases, i like the ones around the wrist better, and i have found that the tru ball series of releases work well.

10. Wolverine

Wolverine Junior Member

Releases

CARTER!! They will hold any amount of draw weight but, You'll pay for it too.
    95 lbs, he must be huntin' trains or something!!

11. ArcherySource

ArcherySource Junior Member

recommend

i also recommend the Tru Fire Judge releases....