Northern Kentucky?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by kbohunt, Aug 15, 2007.

1. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

I was woundering what the hunting is like in kentucky?
    My job has offered me a position in Richwood, kentucky!
    I went there 10years ago for some training, the people there were really great!
    If any one knows this area please give me some info?
    Pm if you wish!:biggrin1:

2. gmherps

gmherps Senior Member

I hunted Crittenden Co last season and saw a LOT of deer. That's Western KY though. My friend arrowed a really nice 12 point 300 yards from his porch!

3. Kyfoster11

Kyfoster11 Junior Member

I live about an hour and half from Richmond and work about 30 min. from there. If you are hunting northern ky where there are lots of crops the hunting comes alot easier. Hunt the draws and funnels leading to the fields and you should see alot of deer. Richmond is more eastern ky and its more hardwoods and less fields. Remember the deer are harder BUT there are some freaks in this area. Southeastern Ky had started producing some great bucks and will continue with all minerals and supplements everyone is putting out know. Kentucky is ranking right up top with the other states in PY and BC bucks each year.
    Good luck and welcome to the bluegrass state
    Kentucky Kent

4. bigbuck

bigbuck Junior Member

Campbell County resident here. Northern Ky is a nice place to hunt. Owen Co produces some nice deer. You will see a lot of deer in Bracken or Pendelton counties but I've had problems with people walking around while I was hunting. There are a lot of hunters in those counties. I know of a lot of quality deer taken here in Campbell County though.

5. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

Thanks Guys!

Ive lived in Va.all my life and if i make the move it will be hard at first but i think most about what ive done most of my life, hunt, fish & work.
    Ive got a lot of brain stormin to do about this move.
    Thnks again,ken:biggrin1:

6. GR8WHNTR

GR8WHNTR New Member

Richwood

I'm also new to the area and just moved to Richwood. I haven't been into the 3-D scene in a few years but would like to get back into it. If you have found any info on this in the area, give me a shout! TX