not again

Discussion in 'Offtopic' started by Colo_Lee, Feb 29, 2008.

1. Colo_Lee

Colo_Lee Senior Member

“ARRRGH”
    its happening gain I had to eat my out of state deer tags this last season because I was asked to help a guy out with some reclamation work around the wind towers out here he said 4 or 5 days top well I get out there and the rest of his crew quits so I spend all of Nov. helping him finish then my dad takes a turn for worst spend the next two weeks at hospice tell he pass away mean time one of the kids comes home with strip throat so day of the service for my dad my throat starts to hurt figure I better give it a day or so before I try and go hunting well then my other daughter comes home with the flu so there I spend all of Dec. sick
    Now I’ve got my out of state turkey tags my oldest daughter is excited about going on her first turkey (mine too)well this morning I get a call from the same guy wanting to know if I can help him with some more reclamation work he has going and I know I should just say know cause he is kind of a arse to work for but 20 bucks an hour kind of makes up for it but I really don’t want to eat $200 tags again either and on the bright side know one is terminally sick sorry about this jsut need to complain a bit so does anyone have cheese for my whine?

2. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

I feel your pain...It's been a dry couple years here for our harvest, but I was able to fill 1 tag this year...But the previous 2 I went without...

3. I feel for you, I have been in about the same situation as you were and are in. I gave up an archery deer hunt when an Aunt died and spent that time with my Mom and never gave it a second thought, I quit a job because they said I could not have my time off to go hunting. You have to consider what you and your family need more at this time, the $20 an hour now or the memories of you and your daughters first Turkey hunt for the rest of your lives:noidea: . Sorry but the only cheese I have here is longhorn, I know first hand that its not to bad with whine:biggrin1: . Any choice you make will be the right one for you, so choose and enjoy.

P.S.
    If you decide to go on your first Turkey hunting trip, there is a thread here where you could possibly buy some Turkey attractant scent. :peace: :laugh:

4. Colo_Lee

Colo_Lee Senior Member

P.S.
    If you decide to go on your first Turkey hunting trip, there is a thread here where you could possibly buy some Turkey attractant scent. :peace: :laugh:[/QUOTE]

roflm :laugh: think i'll wait tell they come out with a feeder that straps blinders on them when they stick there heads in it to feed :peace:

5. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Yeah these tags taste kinda nasty.:doh: But I'm getting better at preparing them, lots of practice.:tape: