Not to bring it up again, but...

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Wheely, Mar 5, 2007.

1. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

Are the sliders on the cable guards different for different set ups? The reason I am asking is my Alpine came with a white slider (is that the right word?), and we put a black one on, not exactly sure why, I think the guy said it would be better :noidea: . This was back when I let anyone help me and took too much advice :Cry: . I think this is when all the cables in peep problems started. I do remember wondering if he put it on the wrong side or just put it on wrong.

2. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

Do these help?

3. It looks ok I think - any pics from the side?

4. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

do these work for ya?

5. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

yes, cables slides and cable slide rods vary greatly depending on the bow/bow manufacture. They aren't always replaceable either.

6. It appears to be on right....

The white one was most likely made of teflon and may have slid easier than that one. Put it back on and see.

7. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

I just called the guy who took it off to see if he still has it. It was 5 years ago so keep your fingers crossed :biggrin1: :doh:

8. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

Take and hold your hadns out infront of you and make a large circle. Than is what I call a FAT CHANCE > have you tried puttin it on the other side of that cable gaurd(slide)? HS:laugh:

9. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

HS, thanks for the positive thoughts:laugh: If we put it on the other side, the cables would just drag along the guard, not good:noidea: I think we did try that once, cuz the bow is so short it put them out too far.

I emailed Alpine again, maybe they will send one :noidea:

10. tek

tek Senior Member

Hard to tell for sure from the pics, but I would say its possible that the cables should be crossed on the bottom and not the top. If the cables are touching at full draw they are probably rubbing and making noise. If thats the case I would reverse the cables.

11. hoyt_hunter007

hoyt_hunter007 Senior Member

yeah i agree with tek....looks like you need to take out the bar and turn the slide around so the cables dont contact eachother...

12. red44

red44 Senior Member

A couple of things. If you removed the slide and the cables cross each other below the rod, put them in the slide so they cross below the rod. I don't know if that will make any more clearance though. here is a couple of posibilities, a "hunter" slide, which states gives maximum clearance (?) and a different rod that mounts below the arrow, looks adjustable.
    http://www.lancasterarchery.com/sho...=2393&osCsid=02906b59892ab709cc5531767f8bedd2
    http://www.lancasterarchery.com/sho...=2299&osCsid=d620ec1f8f6e0a98a6e0deb5cefb9347
    I have'nt used either, perhaps someone here can shed some light.

13. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

Bowman? You don't have anymore to add to this subject?:pound: :pound:

14. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

sell it and buy a mathews.....they have rollor guards......you asked......:noidea:

15. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

Do I need a bow press to remove the cable guard?

16. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

if it helps (which it doesn't) but I have 3 bows all with different cable slides :rockon:

17. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

There is likely a set screw in the riser on the left or right side of where the cable guard fits into the riser. The set screw holds the cable guard in the riser. It's more than likely an allen head set screw so it may not be obvious. Mine is behind a little logo plastic sticker-thing that you have to pull off to get to the screw.

I noticed that some aftermarket cable slides have an offset between the two cable slots and others do not. My factory cable slide had an offset. When I broke it I just bought one that had a similar offset and it worked out perfectly.

The main thing is that you don't want the cables rubbing against each other during any part of the draw cycle. If they do you'll be asking for prematurely worn cables and noise. If in doubt I'd bring it to the shop and have somebody take a quick look at it.

Good luck.

Ron

18. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

More great advise from the one and only Bowman.:biggrin1: :peace:

19. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

once again she did not care for my advice.....:noidea: