Now that's a catfish, holy cow err fish

Discussion in 'Offtopic' started by bow-regard, Aug 23, 2004.

1. bow-regard

bow-regard Member

check out this whopper.

2. Sportsman

Sportsman Member

Proof

Man you have to provide some ligitimacy with that photo ! That can't be real.
    Where did you get the photo. :confused:

3. bow-regard

bow-regard Member

It is for real. It is some sort of english or european catfish, I don't remember which. Supposedly they can grow to hundreds of pounds.

4. bow-regard

bow-regard Member

5. Starky161

Starky161 Junior Member

That's an awsome fish. I've heard there are catfish like that in deep water lakes like Powel near the dam.

6. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

WARNING: OLD POST!!

How would you like to pull this one outta the water :scared:

7. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

I caught a 52" clear muskie (non hybrid) in 1997. Wieghed a bit over 32 pounds.

Not as fat, by any means, at that cat but the teeth were intimidating. Not anymore though since it's mounted on a piece of stained oak hanging on the wall of a good friend's bar and restaurant way up North from here.

Ron

8. Redhdcharm

Redhdcharm Senior Member

I've heard the same thing! Truthfully I wouldn't want near that thing! :eek: :biggrin1:

9. bullfiddle

bullfiddle Movin on up!!!

I have seen some big catfish but none this big. There is a bait shop about 30 miles or so from my house that has pics of flatheads that they have caught out of the river and some of those top 100 lbs.

10. deerkiller443

deerkiller443 Killen time

that would be fun to catch on a ugly stick with 10pound test:peace: :peace: :biggrin1:

11. Tnutz

Tnutz Junior Member

I have seen some like that where I use to stripper fish! those guys use balloons and 1lb perch to catchem! they float their rig out to the channel ledge in the hot water discharge (bout 300 yards) They use 100lb bradded line on surf rigs! Its a sight to see them reel one in! The biggest I wittnessed em haul in was 129lber!!!