O.K. i have been thinking about this for a while....

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by BUNNYMAN, Aug 10, 2007.

1. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I would like to start a R-100 CONSTRUCTIVE critisism thread.....

DONT GET ME WRONG......the shoot was awsome.....

I just think that they have been doing this long enough that they should have had a few of the little things taken care of.....

Lets start w/day 1.......

1. The registration line should/could have been seperated into 2 lines......those that pre registered and those that didnt.....I mean what was the sense of pre-pay if you had to wait just as long on the line??? $5????

2. They could have been more clear on the difference in the 2 shooting stakes......I dont know how many people I saw shooting from the kids stake, because they thought it was the hunter stake:doh:

3. The steel target challenge should have been seperated from the main target course.....for 2 reasons.....
    a. you had people that tried shooting all 100 targets the first day and had no idea that they didnt have to shoot the steel.....
    b. it was a very dangerous situation when having tio back track to get from target 8 to target 1:doh:

well thats my thoughts on the first day......

AGAIN PLEASE DONT TAKE THIS THE WRONG WAY....IT WAS THE MOST FUN I EVER HAD AT A SHOOT

LETS NOT START A WHY THE R100 sucks.....lets try to help them make it just a little better.....

2. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

I agree!

With all the things that Bowman listed!
    The camping and the talk and the Pa mountains,the hospitality of the people there was far better than the actual shoot!
    The targets were set-up in some great scenes,the bedded elk with the tending elk and such but the lanes were some times tight between targets where ya had to holler clear alot for shooters around the corner!
    And like Bm said This is not a bashing of the R-100 , the only thing that i didnt like was the Rienhart reps there seemed to be un-organized,like ok what are we gonna do next,and schedualing the drawing the first day so early we had to rush threw the course to get back to the drawing. But the sportsman club had there act togeather with the food and all, the water and snacks on the course.
    Great place for this type of shoot.
    In all it was still worth the 5 1/2 hr drive.:usa:

3. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

to damn expensive here in michigan. goes up every year. not worth it for me. when I can shoot a rinehart course here for free.

4. Joe_P.

Joe_P. Senior Member

Yeah the registration could of went somewhat smoother. As far as the shooting stakes, no matter how clear the instructions or obvious you make them there is always a percentage of people that will either not listen or do what they want anyway, that is just reality.

5. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

ABSOLUTLY.......and I dont know about you guys but I allready scheduled a floating weekend for around the same time next year......i wouldnt give the weekend up for anything except a child being born.....but there aint any on the schedule for me:D

oh and next year I think we should all plan on bringing the families.....

6. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

what are you talking about, the cost is the same everywhere???

its 40 if you pre-registar

its 45 if you dont......

or am i wrong......

7. Joe_P.

Joe_P. Senior Member

That definitely sounds like a plan to me. Both of my boys want to shoot and camp out. :frusty: :tape2:

8. Pinwheel1969

I'm not for sure. But a friend of mine that shoots alot of R100's said it was more than that. And supposed to go up again in a few years. For me to drive down by detroit and then spend $40+. Is alittle steep. Unless they have one closer. I wont be attending them. Not enough payback to be worth the $100.00 I'd have invested.

9. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

well even if our group doesnt win ANYTHING for the next 4-5 years, we will still be ahead, with prizes we won...

10. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

Ha,Pinwheel!

My Back-straps and mrs.Smokes spegettii and Louie's and Joes Tenderloin and wild boar,and the camping with friends on this sight:COST

PRICELESS!:peace:
    Really pinwheel the whole trip for me was something else just to meet archers on this sight who you do nothing more than to type to and send pic's!
    And then to actually meet them!
    Well you'll just have to check it out for yourself, kinda like the first day of bowseason!
    Be there next year!:biggrin1:

11. Joe_P.

Joe_P. Senior Member

I couldn't of said it better kbohunt :thumb:

12. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

go ahead and laugh but

hearing you guys talk like this, acctually brings a tear to my eye......I think it must be my time of the month or something......:doh: :lol:

13. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

What!

What u cryin for?
    I was thinkin about the FOOD!:lol:

14. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

fat arse.......:laugh: :laugh:

15. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

Ha,ha,

Mini-Bowman wantabe!:lol:

16. Pinwheel1969

If there were fun and cool people like you guys there I would. But the other problem is they always schedule it when theres an ASA or IBO shoot. Makes it tough..

17. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

yeah thats always a problem, when you have more than 1 club or orginization competing for the all mighty dollar, you are going to have conflicts....

18. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

So!

This wasnt just another shoot!
    I left my state where they had a 2 day shoot at a club that i really wanted to go to!
    This wasnt just a shoot, not to me anyway it was just a bunch of archers wanting to meet each other camp talk about hunting and where we live what we do.
    The shoot was just a meeting place that was in-between us.
    It was plained, you know that 4 or 5 months we were talkin about it!
    we all made a plan, made a sacrifice,We all did just to be there,next year u need to be there, you wont regret it!
    Cant u see, were still talkin about it!
    U wounder y ,well thats how great it was,Not the-R-100, The 3-Dshoots boys gettin togeather for a family reunion!:biggrin1:

19. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

and next year smokes will be too old to beat me....:frusty: :frusty: :lol: :lol:

20. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

What!

MAYBE!:laugh: