O.k. so after the R-100.....

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by BUNNYMAN, Jul 25, 2007.

1. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

2. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

So what exactly is it for????? And how does it work????

3. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

its a site tape for target sights such as sure loc......they are yardage marks only, computer generated so they are more exsact.....

4. BowhuntnHoosier

So I can just stick them on the slide of my Toxonics and it will be right on from 12 to 100 yards???????????????:doh:

5. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

yup as long as you figure out where like 20 and 40 are..........supposedly......:noidea:

6. J.C.

J.C. New Member

I think reversed has to do with color, like black on white vs. white on black, but I could be wrong. :noidea:

7. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

makes sense.......:noidea:

8. QSA

QSA One eyed/Gutless wonder

on target software will do the same but you input your bow specs, arrow size and weight. Then you find 20 yards and put it on and you are set.

9. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

great so you want to make me a couple......:noidea: I dont have on target.....:laugh:

10. BowhuntnHoosier

Sounds crazy to me.:doh:

Why not just go out and shoot at different yardages and mark your sight.:noidea:

11. QSA

I can try. But I need all specs on your bow and arrows. Do you what I need?

12. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

Pm me....maybe i buy a quick stand......and you can chargeme for the tape also and ship both of them too me:noidea:

13. QSA

Just did, did you get it.

14. vonottoexperience

vonottoexperience Senior Member

I use the sight tape...works good :rockon:

15. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

yup and back at you....:rockon:

16. ib4hoyt

ib4hoyt Riff Raff

good lord Bowman your still in the stone ages....... get some one to make you a real tape...you'll be dead on at 100 yds.:rockon:

17. chelleo

chelleo Senior Member

I did that with the Archer's Advantage program and it was pretty accurate. I still tweaked it a tiny bit but it was pretty dead on. I just do my own figuring at each yardage but I put in the numbers for fun and it was pretty close to what I had.

18. Sniper

Sniper Senior Member

OK, "Reversed" is for sights like the Optimizer, where the range scale is on the shooters side of the riser. The numbers are low at the bottom and high at the top. The Regular kind used on the Sure Loc or Toxonics go low numbers at the top, and higher at the bottom.
    Theoretically, they work. I've never used them. I use a narrow strip of white label and just make pencil tack marks every 10 yards from 20-100. Sure there are nine, but I can count that high without having to take off my shoes or unzip my fly.
    I think Jay Are got some recently, but the way he shoots, there's no telling how accurate they are.
    Different arrow diameters, and drag of different vanes should change things at longer ranges, in my opinion. The same arrow shooting a straight mini-Blazer will be faster than a arrow with hunter fletches on helical, or a spin wing equiped arrow down range, so.......
    But maybe it would work. Some guys swear by them. I just use paper label tape and a pencil.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2007
  19. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

I've seen these and they are good.
    You sight in at 2 different yardages, the further the difference the better. Then you pick the tape whose 2 yardages 'match' the 2 that you sighted into.
    The reverse, as Sniper said, if for moveable sights like HHA, Cobra, etc that have a sliding mechanism that uses a lever instead of a linear slide like a Shrewd, Sure-loc, etc... You could use a regular tape on those but the yardage numbers would be upside down. I didn't realize they were so inexpensive...

Ron

20. Hkdfrlife

Hkdfrlife Senior Member

LAS sight tapes

I use em all the time and have found them to be quite accurate. The price ain't bad either