Oh no !

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Ronhop, Mar 17, 2007.

1. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Yesterday I went and signed up for 5 spot league that starts March 25th and I found out that the two local 3D ranges are CLOSED !

One club went bankrupt and the other lost their right to use the property because the owner passed away and the property is for sale by the owner's family... The owner's family kicked the club out.

Holy cow, talk about a bomb being dropped... And then Illinois looses the game last night in the first round.
    :cool:

Ron

2. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Oh dude I'm sorry to hear that about your 3D shoots. Its just so hard to find property anymore to shoot on. I hope you guys find another place real soon.:peace:

Oh and the Salukis lose I did'nt hear that. It just is not going too well for ya is it. Oh and just to remind ya...............REMEMBER THE SUPER BOWL.:tape: I'm glad my Colts finally won the big game because they are losing players left and right due to free agency.:doh:

3. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

That sucks...We had 4 clubs go out about 8 years ago and 2 others stop 3d's...We just don't get the turnout for the shoots...:Cry:

4. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Yeah, kind of like pouring salt in the wound...

Ron

5. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

We don't have problems with turnout. We do have problems with people that run their mouths though. Our group lost an excellent piece of hunting property this past season because somebody in our group climbed into a stand that didn't belong to him and then the stand owner came out and there was a confrontation. Needless to say the next weekend we went out the property was gated off...

There are other 3D's around but not nearly as good and a much further drive away.

We'll see how things go.

Ron

6. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

Yeah...It happens...:mad: Too bad though...

7. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

Looks like you need to buy some property :noidea: :biggrin1:
    Sorry to hear that, I know I would never be able to shoot if I didn't have a range within 10 miles

8. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

I have a decent range in my yard but the 3D I'll definitely miss.
    The nearest 3D range is now about 60 miles away...

We'll see what happens. There is a lot of land out here and maybe the club will find something. I'm just disappointed. I really enjoy the 3D shoots around here.

Ron

9. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

ok, guys, when I am rich :rockon: I will buy your property for you and you can manage the clubs :biggrin1: but, you have to wait until I am rich :noidea:

10. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

SWEET!!!!!!:peace:

11. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

I don't know whether to start to prayin for Wheels ta git rich or for ya'll ta FIND SOME LAND TA USING. HS :biggrin1:

12. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

idea

One thing you may want to try,check your local archery pro,the one near me had leased 200 ac. to hunt on with 5 other archer's ,then he opened 25 to hold 3-d & leased & additional 100 & also hold' 5-spot in his shop.
    i never joined but i was ask alot.
    also im in a hunt club that has 2200ac.35 member's only 6 bow hunt /been in it for 25year's president ask me several time's if i wanted to start a 3-d club no problem they would help & pay for any thing i need to bring money in for the club.
    been there,done that dont want the headache-been left 2 people pulling target's,but it may be something to check-out,maybe a local huntclub would let you hold shoot's to raise money for them.:biggrin1:

13. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

she didnt say she was buying you property:doh: :doh:

14. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

A guy can DREAM can't he?????????:noidea:

15. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

umm dreaming got her in trouble..........:biggrin1:

16. i went to my clud 3d shoot today.there was 243 people showed up so at $15.00 a head that is $3,645.00 and then there are the shirts and hats we sell and the membership fee of $15.00 i would say there was about 50 new member's so that is another $750.00 and it cost $3000.00 to open a range if you have property to put it on.so that one shoot paid for all the targets and the rest of the year is money in your pocket,or the clubs pocket.it depends on who bought the targets.we had people drive from oaklaoma and texas to shoot in our 3d shoot today.it was FUN :peace:

17. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

where in the name of god are you going to find 30 targets for $3000.....

My club just purchaced 30 targets, we have a club member who is a dealer, he gave us his cost, no shipping, no tax, and it cost us $7500.....

so you let me know what quality targets you can buy for 3000 and i will gladly buy them.....:noidea:

18. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Thread hijackers...

You should all be ashamed...
    :cool:

Give us our 3D shoots back !

Ron

19. are you getting rinehart, or delta/mckenzie? i just became a dealer for both and the mckenzie targets is what i just ordered we only use 25 + 1 bonus the cost was $3000.00 are you sure your dealer is giveing you his cost?

20. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

it was mckenzie.....did the prices go down when Delta bought Mckenzie???.....

the dealer is a close freind of mine and gave us his book and price sheet directly from them....:noidea: