Oil hits 100$ a barrel......

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by IChim2, Jan 3, 2008.

1. IChim2

IChim2 IChim2 and he's a shooter

No doubt that by the time deer season gets here this fall,it will cost a lot more to drive/go camping to your favorite spot.:frusty: .Our goverment is calling for auto makers to make higher mpg cars/trucks and the only way i can see making trucks more fuel efficent is to make them smaller with smaller engines:noidea: and thats fine if thats what needs to be done,but what about the people that have campers.....i hate/wouldn't want to pull a 24' or larger camper down the highway using a trk the size of a ford ranger/s-10.Anybody have any thoughts on where all this is going or whats to expect.

2. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

they are trying to make it so that we think 3.00 a gallon is cheap.......the it will be 4 and then it will be 5.......

thats what they want........5.00 a gallon........

and what exactly are we going to do about it...we have become so dependent on fuel that we can do nothing with out it......

the price of everything is going up........am I getting a cost of living increase in my pay???

ABSOLUTLEY NOT.......

WHY does the government not just force the gas company's to lower their prices????? Becauce of the huge tax dollars that are made when gas is this high:frusty: :frusty:

it costs me about 120 to fill my dump tuck w/87.......to make it through all my driveways in a snow storm, I have to fill up twice......

it costs me 60 to fill my Dakota and I normally fill up twice a week......thats 120 out of my pay check every week, before I ever even pay any other bills.....

and this is one of those SMALL TRUCKS you speak of......

I have a VERY good freind who owns a service station, he makes $.05 on a gallon of fuel wether its 1.00 a gallon or 500.00 a gallon......

3. goldflinger

goldflinger Senior Member

My sub' gets 16-17 miles per gallon. Gas was under 2.50 when I bought it. And my daily drive is only about 20 miles so gas would have to get awfully high before it would pay for me toreinvest more money on better fuel effiecient vehicle. I'v been watching for a good cheap motor cycle, but that would even take a couple years to make the money back.:dizzy:

4. Slice

Slice The Fobinator

New Vehicle

If it goes up anymore I will have to trade my vehicle in for a bike.

Did anyone see the new air cars they are using in France. They run on compressed air. Check it out at http://www.theaircar.com/

Of course they would never pass the US safety standards, but they have to be safer then a motorcyle. :frusty:

5. IChim2

Sooner or later it's going to be hard on our parks and recreation.I look for when this dang election is over for the goverment to put a tight sqeeze on auto makers to ditch the full size pick-ups and the problem i have with that is my camper and work trailers.....how do you pull your camper if your new truck doesn't have enough :censored: to pull it....oh well,GWB and his jar of vasalene will retire to his big farm in Texas here shortly and the next president will get it (all the messes) dumped in his/her lap...I've got a feeling that no matter who gets elected.....were in for a rough ride....hope next deer season is a good one......will probably need the meat.

6. QSA

QSA One eyed/Gutless wonder

If we as a whole would cut out all unescery travel for about a month then they gas company's would really feel the hit. All it takes is a little planning ahead. We here only go out if we have to. Then we plan ahead. My oldest girl goes to the them 3 times a week. But in the same trip she goes to the drug store and Kroger's also. If there are no other runs need then she does not go.
    So if everyone done that gas sells will drop like a rock.

7. IChim2

I've got a better idea....make the goverment close down all the wally-worlds and than the little ladies of the houses won't be making so many trips there...that right there would save a ton of gas.:lol:

8. Slice

Slice The Fobinator

No matter how much we cut back the other big consumers (India, China) will still continue to gobble up the resources. OPEC has already said that they will not have enough oil supply by 2024, so no matter what is done oil will continue to rise.

9. Slice

Slice The Fobinator

That will also put China out of business. :rockon:

10. IChim2

Good thinking.......kill to birds with one stone.:rockon:

11. MichiganHunter

MichiganHunter Senior Member

im trading in my truck for a horse!

12. Slice

Slice The Fobinator

Just don't get a buggy or they will stick it to you on the axle grease. :frusty:

13. longcut36

longcut36 Senior Member

it wont matter how many miles you get per gallon. the oil company's will get their profit if they have to charge 30.00 dollars a gallon. and OUR government wont do a thing about it.

14. IChim2

Just wait till school is out this spring...you haven't seen high gas price's yet.

15. timberghost

timberghost Senior Member

No car = no gas+no insurance+no license fees+no tickets+No up keep expenses+whatever else. Add it up per year. :typing:

The lady next door doesn't own a car and she gets around fine. Bus, taxis. friends. :bowl:

I could rent a jeep when I want to go hunting. I think I could do it but I know I won't.:noidea:

So I put this on my truck just to remind me.:biggrin1:

16. Shortshaft

Shortshaft Member

You think gas is bad at the station try the marina at the ocean. I keep a boat in Gloucester Mass that has a 115 gal tank that I can go through in a weekend if I run offshore and do a lot of trolling. I also have a Class c motor home with a 55gal tank that I stay in when I go to the boat a heavy footed weekend could see me go through 150 gals of 93 oct.:doh: Yes I will let you chip in for gas!:D I will be doing a lot of inshore fishing this year.

17. bullspotter

bullspotter Senior Member

I guess it would be great to git rid of my car, but with the travel i do for work, will never happen, I turned in 44,000 + miles just for work last year, I keep all my gas recipts, and write my od reading on all of them, On average i was getting 22 to 24 mpg aprox 1833 gal of gas at $3.10 =$5683. Now with a change of driving habits, Slowing down on highway from 78mph to 73, and on 2 lane from 72 to 67mph, excelerating slower in town from a stop, coasting from a farther distance to come to a stop, my mpg has gone from 22-24 to 28-29ish. I figuer im saving $800+ a year on fuel. Im sure its more as ive often paid way more then $3.10 per gal, I also will be more aware of maitinence on my car, a good alignment will pick up a few more mpg if its needed, proper tuned engine, clean air filter, properly inflated tires, ext.... ill pry get 2 or 3 more mpg out of my car.......... It pry will do no good to cry to anyone about the price of gas, if we need it, we will pay for it. And they know we will. We all need to comeup with our on things, such as change driving habits, car pool, ext to save our hard earned$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

18. IChim2

Last year when gas went over the 3$ a gallon mark...polls showed that americans did cut back on driving....and exonn(sp) recorded their highest earnings/profit ever.They did just what a lot of anericans said they would do,and that was to raise the price high enough that if we did cut back....they would still make more money even though people were using less....and our leaders didn't do a dang thing about it.

19. bullspotter

bullspotter Senior Member

I do agree that it stinks to have to pay so much $$$ to companies that show huge profets.....so how do we fix it??? I cannot control the price of gas by what i use, Im sure if I used 100, or 1000 gal of gas it still would be the same price, I was only trying to point out, that their are ways to save some$$$$. As far as our leaders, I beleave we chose them, did we not??? The world is not a perfict place...... never will be, but im sure things could sure be a heck of alot worse for alot of us then it is. Society often complains about everything, but dose near to nothing about it, and thinks our leaders should just fix it, I hear all the time, the price of gas is to high, the post office lost my mail........ But i never hear any ideas of how to resolve these things, or make them better from the average person. We chose our leaders, then we dont like what they do, so we complain about it, its pry never going to get better or go away, infact its pry going to get worse, Companys that make billions in profit, will continue to do so, so we better buck up and get ready for it....... Look at all the huge companies that make millions, but when the numbers come in at the end of the year, they decide they need more, so they cut jobs, I know all about it, i work for a company thats globel, they cut 1300 jobs right before Thankgiving, many were in the us, I was personly effected, but thankfully i was not one that lost my job. How many people are willing to give up some of what they have now, to maybe have a better retierment, or help their kids get an education, We all blow lots of money on cell phones, ipods, computers, internet bills, dirct tv, rc toys, archery equipment..... and the list gos on and on and on. Im not trying to start any arguements with anyone here, But over the last few years with the cost of living on the rise along with the cost of everything, I have been alot more responcive to my needs vrs wants, and trying to prepair for things in the future......... Whats it going to be like 8 years from now, what will gas cost, how about food and building supplys, electronics, cars....... ext, now think about our wages....... we pry wont be making much more income then vrs what we are now, but all those huge corporations will still profit billions of our hard earned dollars......

20. IChim2

I agree..up untill a month ago we always used our outside tv antana....and it's only been about 2 year's since i gave into having a computer in the house and my wife and i don't and won't give into the cell phone thing....aw well,i guess things could be worse.When i built our house 3 years ago,we had to have been the only ones around us at that time that didn't have a computer,directv and a cell phone...:laugh: