Oink

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by goldflinger, Jan 10, 2007.

1. goldflinger

goldflinger Senior Member

:noidea: I am interested in wild pig hunting. Someone I work with has gone to Texas hunting with a rifle. Wondering about going with the bow. Says had flashligt mounted to gun. How would you set up a bow for this?:noidea:

2. bullspotter

bullspotter Senior Member

Humm their was 6 or 7 guys from a shop here that went to Texas and did that, with bows, funny you should say flashlight, they took turns holding the flashlight for each other, they had a few close calls and ended up treestand hunting the rest of the time, those wild boars can get mean from what i hear... I think it would be a fun time though!!!

3. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

They use to make a stabilzer with one incorpperated in it. Don't know if it is still around. we have a place here in Tn at Crossville that has pig hunts and it is during the day. Use to be no pig no pay for the hunt. I believe you had to pay for eats an such HS

4. ladyarcher5575

ladyarcher5575 Member

i just set up a bow for a guy going to texas for Javelina.he said this was his third time going in a row said it was a blast and that there was no limit(i'm not sure about the limit?)he was buying a new bow he was saying because his last one was tore up buy a pig he shot and all it did was look at him and came chargeing at him he had to use his bow to keep the pig from tearing him a new a$$ hole.the guide shot the pig with his pistol and it was over.i asked him why the arrow didnt kill the pig and he told me that the arrow bounced right off it's shoulder,i guess they have some really thick shoulder's:noidea: the bow was set for 70lbs and really nothing different than a deer hunting rig.the man said you just really need to shoot them a little further back and get that arrow behind the shoulder.

5. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

its more like an armored plate than a shoulder......andi dont care if it was a 150lbs bowshotting 1000gr. arrows, I dont think you could penatrate that thing.....

6. goldflinger

bang

So I am thinking right to have the 357 on me also??????????

7. ladyarcher5575

ladyarcher5575 Member

ya,that would be wise.

8. blackice4slaying

blackice4slaying Member

or a good pair of running shoes and a slower hunting buddy.:biggrin1:

9. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

now thats funny.....

10. goldflinger

I'm gettin to old to run.:biggrin1:

11. slamdam

slamdam Senior Member

from my many hours of watching team fitzgerald you need to take a quartering away shot and aim mid chest