OK. One more time around - carbon arrows

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Lefteye, Jan 17, 2007.

1. Lefteye

Lefteye Member

I think I read every post on which carbons to buy and narrowed it down to 3
    brands.
    First may I say that I shoot spots outdoors - target shooter only.
    Easton fat boys
    Gold Tip Ultralite 22/ GT Ultralite
    Carbon Express Linejammer

These are the ones taht have come up most often - recommened by you all.
    On my own I was headed toward the GTs but then read about splitting on some of the threads, other folk had no problems with the GT product
    I would appreciate yr input.
    Also should I go for glue-in points or not?
    Thanks in advance, Lefteye

2. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I prefer the linejammers.......
    Cold tips are good if you can get them.....
    Fatboys.....line jammers are bigger.....

3. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I prefer glue in tips.....By the way what is your draw length, weight and arrow length.....I may have linejammers I could give you a good deal on.....

4. Lefteye

Lefteye Member

Re my specs

28 1/4 DL 52#draw (like to get 200 arrows per day in target - can't pull more than that.) Arrow length 29
    It'd be cool if you could fix me up. Tahnks
    Lefteye

5. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

Now that's just a shameless plug...I like it

I prefer the Cx's...I shot Gold Tips for a while I had trouble with the inserts coming out (alot...never did figure out why) Change to CX's a couple years ago and I really like them alot...:noidea:

6. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

darn the arrows are 28" from the bottem of the knock to the end of the shaft.....

7. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

take a look in the Classifieds here and over at AT they always have some for sale over there...and usaully at a great price.....

8. bullspotter

bullspotter Senior Member

I like that fat boys, but never shot any of the others, i like the glue in tips, dont have to worry about them getting loose and all. I have a few fat boys that have taken a beating and are still shootable, seem to be a good durable arrow.

9. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I have shot linejammers at rocks, well they were pointed at 3-d targets but veered of course....and had them live....

I have also shot them into a target and hit the post high in the leg of those rhinhaerts and had them break.....so i think it all has to do with severity of the hit.....

with the offerings today, I dont think you can go wrong.....

10. Lefteye

Lefteye Member

Well , thank you for the offer anyway. Missed by less than an inch! Will look into a 'sale' as you recommend

11. Lefteye

Lefteye Member

Brokenarrow,
    Which of the CX s would you recommend for outdoor spots? I keep hearing how durable they are.

12. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

I have been hearing alot of good stuff about the maximas...I shoot the cx200's but this year I may get some maximas...I think Bowman is shooting them now..

13. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

maximas rock and I will be shooting them for 3-d...there are an excellent hunting shaft and I will let you know about 3-d

14. Frank

Frank Member

Bowman,
    Just out of curiosity are the linejammers you have new never shot? What size do you have? PM me with info if you would like,quantity and price. I just purchase a new dozen and have them at 28" set up for indoor spot. So always looking for a smokin deal.:peace:

15. bullspotter

bullspotter Senior Member

yeah those posts on the 3ds are tough on arrows for sure, i like the rebar ones.... ouch!!!

16. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

there also going to make a 3-d select Maxima......