Old Broadheads?

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by kbohunt, Sep 15, 2007.

1. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

Ive got a buddy who's grandfather passed away
    and he wants me to sell them for him.
    Hes got 3 dozen wooden arrows in old bear archery box's but there's no marking on the wood shafts.
    I told him without any markings they would be almost impossible to sell.
    But i noticed all the arrows had Bear razorhead 4 blade and zwikey black diamond's on them,I told him i could take the broadheads off throw the wood shafts away and sell the heads.
    They are atleast 40 years old and a couple have a little rust on them the rest have never been shot.
    My question is what are they worth each and all togeather Theres 24 bear razor heads and 14 zwikey black-diamond's ?:noidea:

2. Werd

Werd Senior Member

i wuldnt use rusted broadheads. you shoot a deer and hit it bad like just skim it and now it had dirty rust in it and can have a better chance of dieing. umm pics of the heads please.?? i might consider it.

3. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

Not for hunting!

They are vintage broadheads, they are for triditional archers you couldnt use them unless you shoot wooden arrows!
    They are really for collectors, I will post pic's if i deside to sell them.

4. QSA

QSA One eyed/Gutless wonder

If the arrow shafts are not bad do not take them off. As most collectors would love to have the whole thing. say the broadheads is worth say 25 dollars, it would be worth more if the shaft was with it. Just like you would have bought it new. And the boxs make them worth more also. I have a lever action rifle, Mother bought new in 69, Winchester Golden Spike ed. Shot 2 times,(wall hanger). Worth around 500 because they made a lot of them. If I had the bow it came in then 1400 dollars.

Hope this helps

5. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

Thanks Qsa

I no they value of vintage items I sell alot on e-bay
    And i know if you have the box they came in its worth more
    The problem is my buddy wants me to sell these things for him, he dosnt care how much i get for them, and i cant put a price or a starting or reserve price on them!:noidea:
    He was into archery 25years ago and his grandfather was too and left him all his archery stuff thats as old as 75years and i dont no what to sell any of it for!
    I do know that i see vintage wood arrows with no markings and feathers only get around 10 or 20$ a doz on e-bay but if they are marked with bear or wing or a custom builders name stamped on them they get $50 to $150 a doz
    I think his grandfather built these arrows they arnt that good at all.
    I also told him i could re-dip and re-fletch these arrows vintage style and get $50 a doz for them but he sayed dont bother just get what u get for them!

6. QSA

QSA One eyed/Gutless wonder

Yes then that is a tuff one. I saw a guy trying to sell 3 box set of coustom made arrows, but I for got from who. Some famous archer but he wanted 3500 for all 3 sets. Man the were a thing to see.