on any given bow??

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by BUNNYMAN, Mar 29, 2007.

1. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

what would the difference in speed be between 65% and 80% letoff???:noidea:

2. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

depends on the bow !!! Agressive cam, single, dual hybrid. I dont think the speed difference would be a ton. and on a solo cam where smoothness is the key. some of the new 2 cam hybrids in a 65% would be a shoulder killer! LOL
    I tried my Illusion at 65% and only got a few ft. more.
    Unless you got a Mathews, you wont need to do it for speed! LOL
    J/K I know that will get your pine bunyon sitting self hot !! LOL

3. HOYT4LIFE

HOYT4LIFE Guest

On my "ELITE" uhoh -----Synergy. The difference in speed was 4 fps. I thought it would be more but that's it.

4. ByteMe

ByteMe Senior Member

Are you sure??

I thought that letoff only affected what you are holding at full draw. This meant you are able to hold less poundage for a longer time so that while hunting down that huge buck you have a longer window in which to assure that buck is within range and positioned optimally. I didnt think it had an affect on FPS.

5. bfisher

bfisher Senior Member

In the past all my testing has proved what the majority have said. In 2003 I tested 9 Pearson bows with different modules; 80% vs 65% and all bows showed about 4 fps gain going with the 65% letoff. Not enough to tighten my drawers over.

There are, however, several good reasons to use 65% in certain applications. Shooting less peak weight with high letoff can be frustrating because you can tend to get sloppy with the release. Higher holding weight can often mean a steadier hold and cleaner release. The other is a smoother roll over from peak weight to the holding weight.

6. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Excellent expanation that is just what I was going to post.:cool:

7. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

thats what I had heard but wanted to confirm....I think I will like the 65%....allthough the prestige seems to be tough on the draw at 64lbs.....I will get used to it though....

8. BowhuntnHoosier

Yes you will have no problem after a week or two. After all you are a pretty big guy.:laugh: :peace:

9. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

thats just awful......I dont pick on you for being wider than tall....so you should pick on me about it either.....

10. BowhuntnHoosier

Ok Ok whatever.............gee gettin touchy are'nt we.............short draw.:laugh:

11. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

letoff

I had an oneida areo-force x-80
    9fps difference when i changed the modules,but hand shock increased on 80%
    also on testing alot of different bow's onieda was the only one to be near a true 80% most bows were only holding at 70-75% difference.
    another can of worms:laugh: