On Target software?

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by BuckeyeRed, Aug 18, 2007.

1. BuckeyeRed

BuckeyeRed Super Member

Do any members here use OnTarget? How user friendly is it?? I downloaded the demo and some sections seem pretty confusing to me, especially the sight tape section :dizzy: . For those who do have it, was it worth your money and how often do you actually use it??

2. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

what are you looking to do w/it??

3. BuckeyeRed

BuckeyeRed Super Member

Information a click away I guess, being able to check virtually all bows from most manufactures and possible shaft combinations, arrow velocity, KE, arrow drop, and accurate sight tapes amongst other things. The software looks loaded but I'd have to able to figure out how to use it all first.

4. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

Go fishin' you big dummy!:dizzy: :biggrin1:

5. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

look, all I was trying to say was that if he was looking to make site tapes that for $3.50 he could get the ones from Lancaster, and save himself a pile of money, but thats right preacher man, you are into selling things high.....I forgot:noidea:

6. Holy Smokes

Just a bit touchy taday. I didn't mean ta step on yore sore toe. Ya don't have ta yell at me either.
    Could it be time for ya to have a time out young man, :biggrin1: :lol: :D

And why did't ya just say it . or are ya just tryin' ta git tha pc up one more?

7. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

just wanted you to be sure to see it......and see what the reasoning for my question was.....sorry to inconvenience you with, haveing to read my post....

dont you have a sermon to get ready for.....maybe some studying you need to do??:dizzy:

8. Holy Smokes

Well my job for tha moment is ta hassle you:biggrin1: :biggrin1:

9. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

great........

what time is your next assignment??:D

10. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

What is with all the kinetic energy, arrow drop, bow effiency crap these days???

Indians bow hunted to survive.....they didn't give a rats butt about kinetic energy..... A kids bow can kill a deer. I keep seeing all these posts with titles like "how much kinetic energy will my set up produce" or "how much kinetic energy is ethical to hunt with" . If you hunt with an adult bow set at over 30 lbs draw weight and shoot a deer in the lungs with a broadhead, it is gonna die.

I have OnTarget software. I paid "a mound of money" and it was worth it. I print sight tapes on occasion, but I use it mostly to set up arrows. It has a nice spine match feature. If you are into all the other stuff that I just "soap boxed" about, it is on there too and it is pretty easy to use.:peace:

11. BuckeyeRed

BuckeyeRed Super Member

Well, I'm not an indian and I'm well aware that you can kill an animal w/ less than an 70# bow. I don't need confirmation from others to let me know what proper setup I need to ethically hunt w/. You may like shooting 50-60 lbs and getting 50-55#KE I like to improve my effective range beyond 5-20 yards and out to 40 if the opportunity arises by shooting at 72# and getting 60-67#ke. Beyond that, it's interesting to me to know as much about my setup as possible.

Thanks for the info on the software itself though, much appreciated. :D