Oneida/Discovery

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by CA Rcher12, Sep 22, 2004.

1. CA Rcher12

CA Rcher12 Member

What are your peoples' opinion on the Oneida and Discovery compounds?

2. glenny

glenny Senior Member

I think they are neat

I just saw one today as a matter of fact.It had 80 lb.limbs on it,and drew perty nice,made a creeking noise on the first draw,but the guy shot alot of bruisers with it so it must be worthy.
    Not alot of people own these and they are almost hard to get.
    I think that with todays technology that it is hard to beat the new bows that are out on the market.
    But it is surely nice to shoot a bow that has been a good reliable bow even that has been around.I would like to check out a brand new model,it interests me.
    I also know that these kind of bows make awesome bowfishing bows.

3. swede7

swede7 Junior Member

I've got a '99 model Aero-Force that is just fun to shoot. It's fairly quiet(no limbsavers or such, just moleskin) really easy to work on, no press needed. Buy the parts from Oneida or the bowman.com and tear it down when needed, which isn't any more often than a string and cable change on a "regular" bow. They are the easiest and smoothest drawing bow I've ever pulled back and have decent speed as well. I was looking for a Black Eagle when I found a Pro-tec up for trade for a Mathews Conquest and decided to give Hoyt a try, otherwise I'd have one. The Aero is now the big carp killing machine... lol. (a full smoker of carp is a good thing)
    Most people are put off by the looks of the bows, must be hard to tune and work on and so on, but they really are the easiest things to maintain I've played with. Must remember to be careful about tree limb clearance though in a stand, those outboard limbs do travel!

4. CA Rcher12

CA Rcher12 Member

They've got high let-off,up to 90%, but they carry a hefty price tag. I'd only pay $400 for a good bow.

5. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday Slippy for President!

You should look at those Monster bows.

No cams and adjustable letoff. :rockon: