Ovation Cam...

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Ronhop, Sep 6, 2007.

1. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

I've been trying to find an Ovation Cam, 29" at 65% letoff 29.5" at 80" letoff...
    I sent Mathews an email through their site and I did not get a response. Their site says you need to go through a dealer to get any accessories or parts, so I guess my inquiry was already answered by the verbage on their site. My local shop didn't have one and they told me that Mathews does not have them any longer (which I do not believe). It sounds like they just don't want to deal with the issue since their swamped right now with people coming in for new strings, arrows and such since out season opens Oct. 1. That and they know I didn't buy the bow from them since they never had Ovations in target colors.

Any ideas ?

Thanks, Ron

2. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I will check at my shop tonight......:amen: :wave:

3. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

right handed???:noidea:

4. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

I have a LH one if that helps (yes they are different)

I had to order one through my local Mathews ProShop to get it. It was like 65 bucks?

5. J.C.

J.C. New Member

That's cheap if it was new. I asked my local dealer what a new Maxcam would cost and he said $99. I said no thanks and finally found one in the AT classifieds.

6. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Thanks a ton...
    Yes, right handed although that was a good question. I didn't realize they were different...

Ron

7. J.C.

J.C. New Member

8. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Thanks a bunch but there is one problem. My security settings (I believe) on my PC don't allow me to search on AT. All searches always end up in "Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms."

I've messed with that WAY too much and finally gave up...

Ron

9. J.C.

J.C. New Member

Now I'm getting the same message when I click my link. You jinxed me! :mad:

:lol: :lol:

Let me try something else.

10. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Worked !

Thanks... He's got an Ovat-DR... Trouble is that's the one I currently have that's 80% letoff at 29". I'm trying to find one that's 80% letoff at 29.5". Unless they never made one...

hummm.....

Ron

11. J.C.

J.C. New Member

Yeah, I just noticed that too, and figured that might be the wrong cam. :doh:

Hang on, and I'll do a little more digging at the State of Louisiana's expense. :D

12. J.C.

J.C. New Member

13. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

Lots of cams out there it looks like... I found ones for a bow I'm considering buying... just waiting for word back about them before I seal the deal on my "new to me" hunting bow

14. J.C.

J.C. New Member

What're you getting?

15. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

16. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Whatcha thinking about getting Dred ?

Ron

17. J.C.

J.C. New Member

No problem. Glad to help out. If he doesn't have it anymore, just let me know and I'll do another search. I need something to pass the time while I'm at work.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2007
  18. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

I ain't tellin you because I know you'll buy the exact same bow and get it before I get mine! :lol:

Actually planning on getting a Mathews Legacy, i think it is an 02 or 03, price is right in line with what I'm maxing out at spending (including the price of the cam) and "learning curve" shouldn't be much as I already shoot an Ovation which should be pretty similar.

Just waiting on word that the cams are available and its sold

19. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

:lol:
    BUT ! You're left handed so it won't matter anyway.:laugh:

I used to have an '02 Legacy. It was a nice bow, until somebody stole it out of my Jeep... My Diamond replaced that and then my Allegiance replaced the Diamond... And I stupidly sold the Diamond...

Hey, good luck getting that set up for hunting season...

Ron