paper tune help

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by bowcraze30, Oct 11, 2007.

1. bowcraze30

bowcraze30 Senior Member

what do i have to do if my holes are torn to the right. i shoot a qad drop away rest

2. steve bear

steve bear Member

gonna need more info..
    bow dl
    rh/lh?
    what #
    what arrow
    what distance are you shooting
    bad tare...
    pic would help..

3. bowcraze30

bowcraze30 Senior Member

30DL
    RH
    67#
    Easton epic 400
    i dont know what u mean by distance. distance i am tuning from is 3 or 4 yards. distance i shoot is 20 -40YDs
    not a terible tare but its not a perfect hole.
    sorry i dont have pics

4. Onyx Z

Onyx Z Member

torn to the right? is the point entering to the right or is the fletching tearing to the right?

if the point is entering to the right, move your rest away from the riser.

if the fletching is tearing right, move your rest toward the riser.

I've always paper tuned about 10 ft. from the paper, might try moving toward the paper a few feet.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2007
  5. bowcraze30

bowcraze30 Senior Member

first off if the point enters to the rigth that would tear left?
    also 3 0r 4 yards is about 10 ft. but can anyone else help

6. bfisher

bfisher Senior Member

Right off the bat I see your arrows are underspined so it doesn't matter much what you adjust. You should be shooting at least a 340 spine or drop the draw weight down to about 60#.

7. bowcraze30

bowcraze30 Senior Member

yup i heard that earlier today.
    is it dangerous to shoot the arrows i am because i still shoot good and dont have 60 bucks to put in for new arrows right now. would it be ok to hold out til next year?

8. Joe_P.

Joe_P. Senior Member

No it wouldn't be dangerous as long as your arrow weight is at least 5 grains/pound of draw weight. You can do one of several things or any combination of. Lower the draw weight, decrease your point weight, or increase weight to the rear of the arrow. If you are shooting blazers you might want to try 4" vanes, they are heavier than blazers, but be careful, as you move weight towards the back of your arrow, you might have a hard time getting good broadhead flight.

9. bowcraze30

bowcraze30 Senior Member

i already shoot duravanes. so as long as its not dangerous ill keep um til next year. fyi i was shooting good at 50yds and where i hunt the farthest shot would be 30

10. red44

red44 Senior Member

Just keep in mind, there is a difference between being underspined and underweight. One can be hazardous to you and the other to your bow. I'd turn the lbs down a little, or get stiffer arrows.

11. bowcraze30

bowcraze30 Senior Member

underweight is the most dangerous right?

12. red44

red44 Senior Member

To your bow limbs yes. Underspine to you. If your only killing deer 60lbs works quite nicely. Have you seen some of the pics of the hands with part of an arrow through them? Damaged shafts or underspined shafts. I like my paws.