paper tuning problem

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by atapro1, Jul 11, 2007.

1. atapro1

atapro1 Junior Member

Set-up a reflex bow with a wb rest and a tru-nok metal loop. The bow keeps shooting a 1 in tear high thru the paper. Backed up to about 15 yards and the tear is 1 in low. Everything looks good on the bow as far as being set up. Is the rest or tru nok that could be causing the tears? i was shooting 340 ICS hunters wthru the bow @ 65 lbs. any suggestions?

2. CSS Shooter

CSS Shooter Senior Member

High And Low Tears Usually Indicates Nock Point Adjustment Needed.

3. Doc

Doc Member

Quick word of advice...return that tru-nok to the place where you bought it. It is going to cause more problems than it is worth. It's going to tear up your serving and your release...eventually it will work loose and then your nock point will shift or you'll be pulling small screws out of your wrist. Get some d-loop material and tie one on. It only takes 3 minutes to put on a d-loop and it works much, much better.
    Try lowering your rest a hair and see if this helps the nock high.

4. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

hey doc how about updating your pics w/the new viper pliers......:biggrin1:

5. Hook Em

Hook Em Slippy for President

And find a picture with a bigger D-Loop :biggrin1:

6. J.C.

J.C. New Member

yeah, what'd you tie that with, your grandmother's curtain sash cord? :biggrin1:

7. Doc

Doc Member

I haven't used them yet, but I did check them out this weekend. I prefer very small d-loops and I pre-stretch all my material before tying. The pliers are slick though.

I got some of that Zenith d-loop material and while it is thinner than the BCY, I think it stretches quite a bit more.

8. KYHUNTER

KYHUNTER Junior Member

yes, high and low tears are usually because of nocking point. .340 shaft at only 65 pounds? How long are your arrows?