Parker bows?????????

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by halfrack, Dec 12, 2007.

1. halfrack

halfrack Junior Member

To make a long story short, last week I had to sell my Mathews Switchback XT to help pay some holiday bills... (oh well, it happens) Anyhow, over the last year and a half I have ammassed about $400 in Bass Pro gift cards and I'm thinking about buying a Parker Trailblazer XP to be my primary bow for the next couple of years. It's just that I don't know much about Parker as a company... I'd love some feedback from Parker users. Thanks.

2. bullfiddle

bullfiddle Movin on up!!!

Well I can chime in here from experience. I bought a Parker Pheonix 34 this last summer. I had an issue with the serving on a buss cable. The cam on the bottom of the bow chewed thru the serving. I took it back to the dealer and he called Parker for Warranty work. To make a long story short they sent me a new cam, new Buss cables and a new string in about 4 days. I have had warranty issues with other companies and have never had as good of an experience with them as I have had with Parker. Parker is a stand up company that stands behind what they sell. They are not the fastest bows out there but they are a good bow and a great company... Hope this helps...:peace: And :welcome: to the Forum...

3. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I have never shot one, but it looks like a nice bow........

I think no mater what you may be dissapointed, going from a XT...

I would go there and check out a few.......dont over look the PSE Octane....:noidea:

4. Long Draw

Long Draw Banned

there descent to good quality 1 cam set up. if you were happy with the mathews, you will probably like the Parker with simular A2A, brace, limb geometry.

5. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

thats the warning I was telling people about with the cam eating the servings.

6. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

My son has had his Parker Buckshot for over 2 years now and it is a very dependable bow. No problems with it at all. I think Parker is definately a sleeper company.

Sorry you had to sell the ole XT. They are great bows. Good luck and have fun shopping for a new bow.:peace:

7. bullfiddle

bullfiddle Movin on up!!!

I didn't know about this before I bought the bow. But they replaced them with no questions asked and all I had to do was take it to the dealer. Since I have replaced the cam though I have had zero problems and I shot several outdoor shoots with this bow and hunted with it this fall and have seen no additional wear on the serving..:noidea:

8. beenfarr

beenfarr Senior Member

Parker

I bought a Parker EZ draw 33 a few years back. It was a good quality bow, I had a limb crack, I was shooting under 5grains/pound (before I new better). They replaced them no problem. The people there were great to talk to if I had any questions. I wouldn't be ashamed to shoot one!

Ben

9. I missed

I missed Senior Member

I have a parker hornet and love it i had a problem with the cable slide chewing up the cables but that was an easy fix. you should ask bowcraze he has a trailblazer:peace:

10. deerkiller443

deerkiller443 Killen time

I hate them and will never shoot one again
    this is why
    I was shooting a one of them moving screen things and my friend was in the middle spot of the 3 of us he( shooting a parker) he pulled back and it cracked really loud then BAMMM blew into peaces at full draw the arrow and a peace of the limb grazed the side of my head and the string hit me in the shoulder and the other guy got hit with the limb thank god no one was hurt :amen:
    Then i was testing one out and running it through the crano graph to find speeds out and on the third time i pulled it back it sounded like some1 took a 2x4 and hit it on the cement i let it down quick and the limbs were cracked and i said from that day on i would never shoot another one again:amen:

11. Huya

Huya Senior Member

You will find that Parker has one of the best customer service and warranties in the business. You will also find that all bow companies have had limbs explode at one time or another. I see you have had bad luck with the Parker and can understand why you would be gun shy with them. But They are a good bow. And they will stand behind there product.
    I have had close to the same problems you have only with the Bowtech Guardian. Yet both my son and I still own the Guardians. The customer service took care of the problems. They are nice shooting bows. And I am not ready to give up on the product.

12. deerkiller443

deerkiller443 Killen time

yes they do have great customer service but the guy said when he got it home it cracked ( sound ) again so he sold it to a guy and he shot if for a while then got rid of it to:noidea: