Patents????

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by BowhuntnHoosier, Jan 22, 2007.

1. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Ok on another thread I noticed something about a patent on a certain cam system and wondered how patents actually work. Did'nt want to hijack the thread though. But I wondered why it is that we have all these copies of the original STS around. Could someone shed some light on it for me please. Thank you:peace:

2. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

Bowtech has alot of money and can afford to take someone to court......where as maybe Joe goads does not

3. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

Not true.

the STS hasn't recieved their patent yet for their item. Last I heard they are still patent pending.

In addition most of the "STS Knockoffs" are different enough to not fall under the STS patent. (ie: straight off the riser instead of off the block). STS was NOT the first to come up with the idea.

Patents are intended to protect the intellectual property of a company and encourage it to utilize resources to create new products. Without patents companies that spent large sums of money in R&D would lose all that money as soon as the product is released as people would begin copying their design.

4. mdewitt71

mdewitt71 Senior Member

There is a difference between a Patented item and one that is "Patent Pending"...................

Also, it is very big $$$ to take someone to court over a patent, some have the cash others do want to bother.

5. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

isnt that what I said???? just not in so many words......so be quite Dredly....:biggrin1:

6. mdewitt71

mdewitt71 Senior Member

Dredly???? you qouted me. :noidea:

7. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

Its his time of the month and his "special friend" is visiting... give him a break :laugh:

8. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

dont worry its the Tampax bow to the rescue......:biggrin1:

9. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

I LIKE DA BLACK CHERRY BOW.....SWEEEET. GOOD SHOOTIN BOWMAN AND IF THESE FEALLS DID'NT HAVE YOU UNDER THE GUN YOU WOULD PROBABLY BE SHOOTIN 55 X'S. ALTHOUGH THIS WILL ONLY BE TO DEVELOPE YOU INTO A REALLY GOOD TOURNAMENT ARCHER. HS :rockon:

10. china archery

china archery Junior Member

11. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

he won a bet didn't he :doh:

12. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

its just so hard for you to beleive that not everyone should bust my hump isnt it????:peace: :biggrin1:

13. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

yes it is. :Cry:

14. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

yeah me too......:pound:

15. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

Originally Posted by Holy Smokes [​IMG]
    I LIKE DA BLACK CHERRY BOW.....SWEEEET. GOOD SHOOTIN BOWMAN AND IF THESE FEALLS DID'NT HAVE YOU UNDER THE GUN YOU WOULD PROBABLY BE SHOOTIN 55 X'S. ALTHOUGH THIS WILL ONLY BE TO DEVELOPE YOU INTO A REALLY GOOD TOURNAMENT ARCHER. HS :rockon:

Nope he LOST the bet!!!:peace:

16. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I gave him every opertunity.....

17. QSA

QSA One eyed/Gutless wonder

嘿bunnyboy 我是获得乐趣与这。

pantent 您是讲话是方式更旧的然后STS 。您能做一次查寻在google 为专利对此。

18. Long Draw

Long Draw Banned

I dont think it is really patentable. There have been string and cable dampeners in all sorts of applications from industrial to musical. The application to archery might be new.....but not the concept or principle.:noidea:

19. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

There was a recent article by Sims Vibration Labs that talked about patents. I think it was Steve Sims said that unless the patent infringement has cost your company $1mill, then it is not worth taking someone to court.

20. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Someone has been doing some diggin.:peace: