Peep or Kisser?

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by kegger7676, Dec 19, 2007.

1. kegger7676

kegger7676 Junior Member

I am currently shooting without either aid and would like to become more consistent. I do ok now but to get better I need that additonal ref point while at full draw. I tried the hind sight product and it worked well and I became much more consitant, but I found the constant re-adjustments and cluttered up target picture really did not fit my style. Most of my misses are in the up down direction. I have a good anchor point until I get into my hunting gear and this is where I notice the problem most. What do you guys recommend peep or kisser. Also if peep what size/style. I am looking to used the bow for hunting, 3-d and some indoor and field archery events.

Thanks in advance,

2. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

I have to go with peep....I think a kisser is kinda gross with all the mouth germs on it :noidea:

the size of my peep is the one that when I look through it I can center the whole sight right at the edge of it.

3. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

or you can do both:noidea:

4. beenfarr

beenfarr Senior Member

I say a peep is more important. I like the g5 meta peep. I'm not sure about size, but I think 1/4" is too big for me.

Ben

5. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

Do you let others shoot your bow or are you worried about your own cooties???:laugh:

I would go with a peep sight if you were only going to use one or the other. You don't see too many other weapon systems that are built for accuracy that only have a front sight pin. Using a peep allows you to center the housing of your sight and thus better attain the same sight picture and sight alignment every time.

Kisser buttons just give you another reference point. Three points of reference makes for a good anchor. I use my jaw bone, the tip of my nose and my peep sight. Others use other things, but these work well for me.

If I were going to use one bow for different applications, I would install a Superball Peep. This allows you to change the aperture size without removing the housing from the string. You then have the freedom to use a larger hole for hunting and a smaller one for target shooting or even add a clarifying lens if you use a scope.

6. MichiganHunter

MichiganHunter Senior Member

im the odd ball thats going to say kisser.... thats all ive ever used and it works great for me. i tried peep once and it threw everything off for me and i just couldnt get used to it. so im sayin kisser!

7. tnts79

tnts79 Senior Member

I shoot a peep and a kisser! I have shot without a kisser button before, but for hunting I like to be 100% sure everything is where it should be before I take a shot a an animal. :noidea:

8. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

I shoot with a peep and no kisser. But I have a buddy that just can't get comfortable without a kisser.:peace:

9. Long Draw

Long Draw Banned

kissers on compounds are very rare these days. I would go with a Fletcher Alum-peep. medium to large hole. Kissers wont be much good on short bows due to extreme string angle at full draw. You might have your draw set a lil too long if you are strugling with a consistent anchor. Look at some pics of pro shooters anchored at full draw might give you insight.

10. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Kegger7676 I would like to apologize for what has happened to your thread. You had a very good question and I hope you got your answer before things blew up. Please do not let this keep you from enjoying this site. We will try to get things handled by Chris as soon as possible. We are very glad you are with us and hope you continue to ask questions and learn more about archery and enjoy this wonderful pasttime. :peace:

11. bullfiddle

bullfiddle Movin on up!!!

Well said my friend....:amen:

12. J.C.

J.C. New Member

yep, like he said, and :welcome: to 3Dshoots.

13. tnts79

tnts79 Senior Member

One helluva introduction for our new member Kegger!

Last edited: Dec 21, 2007
  14. clemenlp

clemenlp Diamond in the Rough

Guess all I did was make matters worst and would like to appologize to both Kegger and Longdraw for this getting out of hand.

Kegger once again :welcome: , and sorry to you and everyone else.

15. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Yeah BHH, well put... Thanks from all (well, most) of us...

Ron

16. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

OK, :focus:.

I've cleaned up this thread. I don't want to start banning people but there was a lot of flaming from both sides. It ends here.

This poor guy asked some questions about kissers and peeps. Let's try to get him some answers.:hug:

17. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

I tried a kisser and I didn't care for it because the string obstructed the sight picture. It does help you train yourself to anchor at the same point though. I might try what Wheels suggested and use both. We'll see on that one and how much time I have to mess around. The weekend after hunting season is over our indoor 5-Spot league starts and I don't mess around with equipment during that time. Maybe this Summer I'll goof around with using both.

Ron

18. IChim2

IChim2 IChim2 and he's a shooter

I tried one last year and the problem i had was when i released...it took a couple of my mustache hairs from the corner of my mouth with it..:censored: that hurt.

19. tnts79

tnts79 Senior Member

:Cry: :lol: :lol: :lol: Now thats funny! I'm not laughing at you, I am laughing with you!

20. IChim2

IChim2 IChim2 and he's a shooter

It is funny now...even i laugh when i think about it:laugh: