peep questions

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by hduc2005, Aug 31, 2007.

1. hduc2005

hduc2005 Senior Member

what is the difference between a verifier and a clarifier with the super peep
    I will be using a black eagle 29mm .55 for indoor and spot
    and a BE 42mm .50 for outdoor 3D

2. HYTMANN

HYTMANN Senior Member

VERIFIER vs CLARIFIER

According to the website, verifiers are for people who need help seeing both the target and pins clearly with hunting sites. I have a 42mm BE with a .7 lens, for most situations the 1/16th green clarifier works best for me, but the 1/16th yellow clarifier is almost as clear and the target looks a bit larger with it. The yellow is also a little brighter in dark conditions, the green works best in bright conditions. I carry both on shoots and swap as needed. With a .5 lens, the 1/16 yellow would probably be your best bet, but try em both to see what acually works best for your eyes and set up. Here is a link to the website: www.specialtyarch.com

3. bfisher

bfisher Senior Member

For scope use you want to look at Clarifiers.

Verifiers are for us old fogies who need bifocals and the pins get blurry without them. So it's for non-scope use.

With either there are different number and associated color codes. To see what's best for you you need to try them in a shop that stocks them.

4. hduc2005

hduc2005 Senior Member

Thanks for the web site and info it helped allot
    I will be making a trip to the pro shop tomorrow :)

5. Sniper

Sniper Senior Member

Your observation about the color of the glass was interesting.
    We used Bausch and Lomb Shooting Glasses the same way. Yellow in the early and late light. It really gave a bold contrast to the target vs background, and the colors did appear brighter.
    Polarized green was for bright light and glare. It also brightened the blues
    Same effects with camera lens filters.

6. QSA

QSA One eyed/Gutless wonder

The color he is talking about has nothing to do with tints. It is a code for the power of the lens in the peep it's self. The yellow is the weakest one. Green is the mid powder and trd is high power. For scopes say 4X and under yellow works best 4X to 7X Green but for 8X and up Red. That is what works for me in the Clarifiers. I have about 10 of them all colors and sizes. I have bad eyes, at 20yards I can to see the 10 ring at all. So I use a 8X lens for spots with a Red Clarifiers. It is clear as a bell. 3D I use a 5X and a Green on one bow and a 3x withe a yellow on my hunting bow/3D hunter class 3D. I ware glasses but not when I shoot. With all the lenes I can see clear with out my glasses. I want to play with Varifiers one day.

7. Sniper

Sniper Senior Member

Hmmmm. Maybe I just found a nitch? Tinted lenses. Hmmmm.