peep sight trouble

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by blade, Sep 23, 2006.

1. blade

blade Junior Member

Hey all, I just found this forum and from what I have seen, It looks like it may be an interesting and informative one at that.

I recently bought a new bow for the second time in 16 years,"Yeah, I know, thats a long time between bows". I went from a Bear magnum 44 to a PSE firestorm lite. Wow, what a differance. The problem that I am facing is the angle of the bow string at full draw creates a obscurance in the peep sight from the surgial tubing attached to it. Has anyone observed and corrected this problem or is there a special peep available for these short axle to axle bows?

2. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Welcome to the forum there blade. :welcome: I do believe they have a peep specifically designed for the shorter ATA bows. But I believe if you simply tie the other end of the tube a little higher on the cable this should cure the problem as it did on my XT. Hope this helps if I did not understand the problem please forgive me. :peace:

3. blade

blade Junior Member

Thanks for the welcome and the input BowhuntnHoosier.

As you will see if I can manage this upload. The peep is tied as high on the cable as I think possible. the obstruction is caused by the molded stem attached to the peep mounted in the string. The stem and tubing obscures about 25 percent of the veiw throught the opening when at draw.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2006
  4. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

This will happen with a short axle bow. You need a peep designed for the short axles. Look for a RAD 38degree peep sight. This is what you need.

5. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Thats the one, I knew they had one special for short ATA. Chris you the man.:peace:

6. blade

blade Junior Member

Thanks a bunch Chris. I will look into that right away.