peep sight

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by cowboy50, Apr 27, 2008.

1. cowboy50

cowboy50 New Member

hey there guys I just started shooting again i took a break for a while but now im back

i've got a question about the peep sight, ok i shot at all times of the day and when it starts to get dark i look throw the peep and it's alittle blury and it's hard to see out of it. is there something i can do to get it not so blury

2. Hook Em

Hook Em Slippy for President

Bunny was having this problem, but that was because he was closing both eyes :noidea: . What size is your peep now? You could always go to a bigger one. I use a 3/32 peep for all occasions and I don't have a problem with it.

3. cowboy50

cowboy50 New Member

i was thinking that you could maybe like file it out or drill it out to make it bigger

4. Hook Em

I have a super ball peep, so it has apertures that screw into it and I drill those bad boys out when I need to!

5. pred8er

pred8er He who eats fuzzy animals

There pretty cheap (unless your using the G5), I'd buy a new one before I tore my hands up trying to drill one. Plus, you would have a hard time keeping the hole true.

Another problem may be that the string is rotated so that your really only looking through half or less of the peep. :noidea:

6. Hook Em

good point...make sure the peep is straight at full draw!

7. cowboy50

cowboy50 New Member

i just checked it and it looks straight to me but i don't know

8. pred8er

pred8er He who eats fuzzy animals

But don't drill it while it's in the string!:doh: :laugh:

9. red44

red44 Senior Member

You did'nt mention what type of peep. If it's a plastic one with the tube, remove it and drill it if you want to. If it's aluminum just get the next size bigger. I would'nt drill the aluminum for a couple reasons. It's hard to hold onto, and you'll likely end up leaving a burr on there somewhere that could cut your string when you re-install it. As stated, don't chance drilling either while it's on the string, not worth the risk.