peep sights

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by Teej, Jul 5, 2007.

1. Teej

Teej Junior Member

I am looking for opinions on the best peep sight. I shoot a ruber tube peep now and would like to get rid of the tube. I have never shot anything different. I dont want the peep to spin on me whitch i know the tube prevents. tell me what you think.

2. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

I use a Superball peep made by specialty archery. It is handy as you can screw in different sized apertures and also apertures with lenses. The housing stays in the string so switching is easy.

The peep itself has nothing to do with rotation. Any peep will rotate if installed improperly or if installed in a string that stretches or creeps. Release loops on your string can be adjusted to bring your peep into alignment at full draw...:peace:

3. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

Peeps!

Sure's-a peep, is what your looking for!
    Can rotate spin around all it wants to allways can see through it.
    No tube used!:peace:

4. davisxtremmarine

davisxtremmarine Junior Member

peep sight

G2 makes a good peep but as stated before it has to be put in right so that it will not spin

5. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

peep!

Here's a pic!:biggrin1:

6. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

surez a peep....almost as goofy as that metal loop you got there.....:tape:

7. sweet old bill

sweet old bill Member

I use the tru peep and it does take a little effor to get it right and then you never have a problem with a rubber tube breaking at the wrong time. I do like the looks of that VA bow... but us NY's archers can not stand VA archers as they have more clubs than any other state to shoot at, they shoot all year round, with little or no out door in the first 3 months of the year, but that when everyone is playing at the 300 round. I sure miss living in VA even a little town like Manassas and cub run archers. Some great clubs in the blue ridge and even down in the tide water areas of the state. But my wife likes NY and sure I can not longer say I can shoot every sunday without having to drive over a hour from Manassas. Now most shoots in NY are over two hours from my current home and not that many shoots per year...

8. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

And if you get it in there just right, one of the 3 strings going around it can act like a vertical aiming reference when it rotates around in front of the peep..:laugh:

Nice bow. I like the shiny ones....:biggrin1:

9. MeanV2

MeanV2 Senior Member

Tru-peep: Great peep installed correctly on quality strings will give you no problems.

G5 meta peep same great design as the Tru-peep but made from Magnesium to be lighter in weight. Priced higher, but hey $10 is not gonna break the Bank:cool:

10. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

Goofy!

I like my metal D's
    And my SURE-ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ , peep!:laugh:
    I have to shoot it you dont so go some where else, GOOFY!:laugh:

11. MichiganHunter

MichiganHunter Senior Member

am i the only one left that still dont use a peep? :noidea:

12. Hook Em

Hook Em Slippy for President

you got any extra apertures laying around JC? I need a 3/16 and a 1/8! Pink stole my 3/16 and the one I am using is just toooooo small!

13. Hook Em

And what is the difference between a verifier and a clarifier? Is the target still clear when you use a verifier?

14. Hook Em

actually she stole my 1/8th....so I need a new one of those. what size is the opening on the super ball? 1/4 or 3/16?

15. chelleo

chelleo Senior Member

ooh oooh I get to answer something I actually know the answer to LOL. A clarifier clears up target if you use a scope. Verifier clears the pins so you can see target and pins clearly.

16. Hook Em

First of all thanks...now for the next question, which verifier would I need to clear up my pins and see the target clearly with a 4x scope?

17. chelleo

chelleo Senior Member

So you have pins AND a scope? Which setup you using that has both? I am using a .8 scope with a dot on the lense and I am using the #1 clarifier. I don't know what you'd do with your contraption.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2007
  18. jimposten

jimposten Senior Member

I use a #1 clarifier with my 4x lens, but I know the aperature size can change how it wrks as well.

JIM

19. Hook Em

the #1 clarifier works ok for me with a 4x lens, but pink can't see her pins. I have a #2 on my target bow with my 5x lens and it works fine as well, but I have no pin just a circle on the lens.

20. jimposten

jimposten Senior Member

Well if the clarifier / lens combo is giving you a clean target but your pins are blurry, go with a smaller size aperature, this will help clear up the pins as well.

JIM