Peep trouble!

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Wheely, May 14, 2008.

1. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

:help: I am having trouble with my peep!

When I am outside I can see through it just fine, but when I am shooting at league night (indoors) it is blurry and I can hardly see the peep, so I can't center my sight in it.

Is it the lighting? Is there something I can do to fix this? :help:

2. bullfiddle

bullfiddle Movin on up!!!

Yes it's probably the lighting but I spect it could be that your peep could be over or under rotating just a tad. How big is the hole in the peep sight? I prefer a 3/16" peep....:noidea:

3. J.C.

J.C. New Member

it's a hugfest in here......:hug: :lol:

like fiddle said, what size peep?. if it's 1/8" and the indoor range is dark it might be the problem....:noidea:

4. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

I don't know, I will measure later, but it is big enough to center the whole sight housing in it. It is a larger size peep. :noidea:

5. J.C.

J.C. New Member

do you need glasses?.......:noidea: :biggrin1:

6. pred8er

pred8er He who eats fuzzy animals

Could be rotating. Have someone check it out when you draw. Might also be your string stretched alittle so now your sight doesn't fall in line with your eye.:noidea:

7. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

2 years ago I 'graduated' to bi-focals... Fixed my problems.

Maybe try a larger peep ro go with a Specialty Hunter peep with various sized apertures and verifiers that can clear things up. I have not gone the peep lens route yet but I do use the Specialty peep housings and apertures and they are a nice product.

Ron

8. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Yep could be size of hole in peep,peep rotation,string stretch(which I doubt since you shoot an XT). But I would say its your peepers, you did just celebrate a birthday not long ago.:tape: :lol:

Go to a pro shop and explain your problem. Then have them assist you. To check for proper alignment. Hope you get the problem taken care of soon.:hug:

9. J.C.

J.C. New Member

:spit: :spit: :spit: :spit:

10. BowhuntnHoosier

If I want any crap from you I will tilt your head back and dip it out. Now go make some kool-aid and hurry up with it.:mad: :p

11. J.C.

J.C. New Member

what flavor?.......:pout:

12. BowhuntnHoosier

:lol: Orange or Fruit Punch please.:rockon:

13. canam kim

canam kim New Member

I shoot two different Equalizers with the same sight. One has a larger peep and I can see the sight better inside with it than with my smaller peep. I think it is the lighting; however, outside, it is the opposite because my larger peep seems almost too large and my smaller one seems perfect. I'd say it is the lighting.

14. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

maybe if I don't wear a hat next week :noidea:

15. Dooby

Dooby Scooby Dooby Doo!

You just need to wear one of these and aim it where you need it. :biggrin1:
    [​IMG]