Peep ?

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by kbohunt, Nov 22, 2007.

1. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

Im getting ready to buy a #1 Clarifier.
    What size do you use for 3D ?:noidea:

2. bullfiddle

bullfiddle Movin on up!!!

KBO I think mine is like 3/16" don't go to small you got limited light in the woods and if your like me my eyes aren't getting any younger....:laugh:

3. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

I use my hunting setup for 3D and I don't have a lens or an adjustable aperture/clarifier/verifer for that. I use a 3/16" peep for hunting and it's a nice view for me with the older Trophy Ridge 5 pin sight I have.

5 Spot on the other hand I use a #1 clarifier with a Sureloc Black Eagle 29mm scope/lens and a 1/16" peep aperture. I'm not great with that but I think do pretty well.

I 'graduated' to bi-focals 2 years ago and I am still wrestling with that change. That really has affected me a lot when shooting.

Ron

4. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

O

I cant remember the last time i shot with a clarifier I think was a 1/8.
    I shot today before tha big sit-down and im shooting my target bow with a 4x scope i got from smokes ( Great scope) but im gonna have ta get a clarifier
    at 20yds was fine at 35-40 started ta get blurey.
    Im use ta shootin thru a Surz-a-peep 3/16
    I checked Lancasters and they have them but in about 6 different sizes.:noidea:

5. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

Yep!

Im changeing to a 4x scope for 3D and after 30yds it gets blury.:frusty:

6. bullfiddle

bullfiddle Movin on up!!!

I checked them out over there KBO I think I would go with the 1/8"

7. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Pins or target gets blurry, or both ?
    That's what I'm trying to work on now.

Stinks getting older I guess.

Ron

8. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

My

Target.
    I was shooting pins and a no-lens scope with no clarifier.
    Im switching to a 4X Scope.
    I wear glasses: Far-sighted when shooting the bow, Bi-focals for everything else, my eyes are getting worse thats why im shooting a scope this year.
    At 40 yds with no glasses looking thru the scope the target is clear but i need to atleast wear the far-sighted glasses because when looking around everything is blury.

9. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

KBO if your gonna ring that scope, have it in tha peep, you are gonna need one bogger that 1/16
    I will git tha size fer ya. there was a post on here a shot wile ago about tha differnece of claifers and verifers and the sizwe you will need
    if ya can find a shop with some go try em out.:cool:

10. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

your vision a scope power will determin what size and power. you should call specialty archery and talk to them first. I was fortunate that our shop has a bunch for me to try.