peeps

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Wheely, Mar 3, 2007.

1. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

do you need a bow press to tie in a peep? The peep is already there, I just might want to move it. How do you tie a peep?:doh:

2. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

Ya might ask the Site Guru hail: :hail: :hail: The Big D. HS

Last edited: Mar 3, 2007

3. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

4. Holy Smokes

I could have told ya that for that in my opinion is the bestest way. There are some mor ways>

Hey ya ain't gonna make Bowman:Cry: are ya> for if you don't ask him all those questions he's really gonna be a sad fellar( Fella)(Man)>:biggrin1:

HS

5. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

6. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

Bowman, where are you??.....he probly won't even read my questions anymore after the last one :Cry:

7. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

No you do not need a press to tie in a peep, but you need a press to install a peep :)

8. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

Thanks Dredly, so of the two I found (above) is one better than the other? Do I need special string. I have a spool of serving string, it is #2 Twisted End Serving, .022 dia.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2007
  9. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

both ways are acceptable.....and i have used both w/good results.....the first one is a little tuff if you have to move your peep......

10. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

I like the second method myself...:biggrin1:

11. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Bohning has a serving kit out that Gander Mountain sells that has a DVD in it that demonstrates how to do a center serving and serve in a peep. It has the tools, serving material, etc... in it. I bought one and I think I paid $25 for it. I thought it wasa good deal, althought I don't agree with how they tied the peep in. And with the tools in the kit you don't need a press to put in a peep.

Ron

12. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

sweet i am going to look for one the next time I am there......

13. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Your going to chuckle when you watch the DVD since there's this sweaty fat guy doing the 'teaching'... He does an OK job teaching you how to serve but he's NOT photogenic...
    :laugh:

I thought it was a great value for the money. You get the DVD, serving material, server, string/cable separator and a little tool to split the string without a press. I thought it was well conceived.

Ron

14. Holy Smokes

That little tool is a great one. be very careful not to split your indiviual stings and cause a breakage. It will do it> HS