Pendulum Sight

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by IAHunter11, Nov 17, 2006.

1. IAHunter11

IAHunter11 Member

I have been thinking about switching to a pendulum sight to help elliminate some of the guess work as far as yardage.... Anyone here use them or stoped using them.. Would like to get some opinions on them good or bad... Thanks

2. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

the only real negative I can see might be noise.....which one are you thinking of getting???

3. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

I've never used one but a friend of mine has. He liked it. The only problem he had was one of his stands was on a steep hill, and it didn't adjust properly to the elevation on an incline.

4. IAHunter11

IAHunter11 Member

I am not sure what one I would get do you have any suggestions?? Isn't the incline the whole point of pendulum b.c it adjusts its self at any angle?

5. kozman4907

kozman4907 Junior Member

I have been using pendelums for over 4 years

I like pendelum sites very much,but these type of sites are not for all situations. For your standard speed bow one pin will get ya 5-25 yards from a treestand. The way this type of site works is with gravity pulling the pin to adjust for the hieght while in the tree.

Some sites that I liked would be Impac Bravo,ALL terrain, Scott Mtn Button head, savage pendelum ultra lite. All of these heads worked well for me.

The Keller site works great but is a tunning fork! Way too loud for me andmost hunters.

The best advise I can give ya is try one. I really like the fact that I have one pin and only one pin. KISS works for me when archery hunting(keep it simple stupid)
    If ya want I have one if ya wanted to try it shoot me a email.:peace:
    Koz

6. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

Yes it adjusts for the hieght of the stand. But if the stand is on a steep incline it shoots like the ground was flat and i think he said it hit low, Because the angle of the sight was like the target is closer. I don't really know like I said I never shot one.

7. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

You Can always buy a used one and try it out and if you do not like it you acn reslee. G&B sights make a dandy one that with a little tweekin you can quiten down .It is alittle pricey but by far the mosy superior one out there good out top 35 Yards God Bless ,:biggrin1: Holy Smokes