Pennsylvania Pencil Pushers Busted in Nelsonville

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by joker, Jul 10, 2007.

1. joker

joker Member

I was looking thru the scores from the ibo shoots this year and see that alot of the so called high scorers from local tournaments got their butts handed to them when somebody else is keeping score. I hope this teaches them that other people are watching and you will be caught cheating one day. It makes no sense to me that by cheating on your score makes you a better archer. Only on paper but not when it counts. Wait till you have to go up against someone at a final shoot or a shootout and you do your normal shooting and score nowhere close from the scores you turned in thru the year. You are only embarrasing yourself. How do you know if you are improving or need more practice at shooting or judging yardage by writing down a wrong score.

Thats all i have to say about that!!!

2. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

it happens everywhere and some archery shops even support the "habit".....:mad: :mad: :mad:

3. Daniel Boone

Daniel Boone Senior Member

Amazing first post

I happen to score high on local level and shoot down on pro am level at times.:mad: Not bad scores but diffiantly not my best. Local events will have have those pencil pushers. If your so concerned about a shooters score. Go shoot with them. Have you ever shot bad at a pro am level?
    DB

4. Sniper

Sniper Senior Member

OK, what happened? Is it online somewhere? Fill us in.

5. joker

joker Member

I shot with some of them and they dont even come close to their scores around home. I am talking almost 50 points different when others score them.

6. Hook Em

Hook Em Slippy for President

The big events are definately tougher courses and there is always a little more pressure. But sure, some people certainly cheat...just like golf.

7. joker

joker Member

doesnt make sense to me

8. Daniel Boone

Daniel Boone Senior Member

It happens

Just be sure and try to do what we do. Often ranges around here get the word out and they dont shoot by themsleves. We police are local shoots.

Im all for shotgun starts and busting groups at all events.
    DB

9. joker

joker Member

Some of the guys come at the last minute rush thru the course shoot way up. Then when shootoffs start at the end of the season they dont show up or they blame their bad shooting on the bow like it fell or it needs sighted in etc... I am just glad to see their scores on the ibo site for everybody to see.

10. dzingale

dzingale Senior Member

That is why I don't score myself. Wheather i shoot good or bad I know how it felt to me.

11. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

I've got a perfect example of someone "using the magic pencil"...

Ever shoot all 30 targets and get back to the clubhouse only to find that the "designated" score keeper "forgot" to mark a few? Hey Bowman, have you ever had that happen to you? :laugh:

12. Jay Are

Jay Are Junior Member

People Cheat -- there is no doubt, either it will be for bragging rights or a $3.00 trophy????? During the indoor 3D league (Local Clubs), we had a guy cheating to win a $3 trophy, please explain that one?

13. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

was it a nice 3.00 trophy?

14. joker

joker Member

We had a guy shoot an 11 on a target that didn't even have an 11 ring on it.:doh: :noidea:

15. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

what did he mark the line between 10 and 12 and count it as an 11?

16. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

dredly IBO uses 11 not 12.....:doh:

17. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

whose fault is that?

18. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

yours for not knowing the difference.......:doh:

19. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

At least I know that you are supposed to put a score down for every target... :laugh:

20. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

dude shut up......next time you keep score and see if you can do any better, I was only trying to be the good guy.......

I was trying to help you out......did you want everyone to see all those 5's, now you can just say your not sure , but it must have been a 10.....:biggrin1: