Pickin apart the shot

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Gator eye, Aug 24, 2007.

1. Gator eye

Gator eye Guest

Seems I am always pickin apart my shot, changing something and trying to put it back together. Shot sequence, draw length, timing, weight, arrows, form, ect....

Does everyone else pick at there equipment and shot sequence all the time?

Have you ever said "There that's it" and stop fiddling with your shot and just shot your game?

2. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

Yup I found a system that works and I stayed focused on that.

3. J.C.

J.C. New Member

Unfortunately, no. :doh:

4. poorman

poorman And thats no lie !

I picked at my set up and form and ...................... all summer. I have now found a set up and sequence that is working and am foused on that routine.

5. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

I quit changing things when the archery shop guy left :mad:

6. Wolf Claw

Wolf Claw Junior Member

I went down that road a while ago, now I focus on my form. When I can out shoot my equipment maybe I'll start tinkering again. Its a money saver too.

7. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Yep I focus on the target, raise bow, draw, let the pin settle in..............close both eyes and punch the crap out of my release.:laugh:

Well I never said I was good just done fiddling.:lol: :peace:

8. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I have about figured out my setup, i think.........

9. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

:lol: :lol:

10. bullspotter

bullspotter Senior Member

I usto mess with everthing all the time, then realized it was me that was the trouble..... Cam timing and how the bow feels at full draw is important to have correct. (DL ext) I did alot of arrow (spine) tunning ext. and now I have a good anchor and good form, and my shooting has improved a ton, along with consistancy. when i get my bows dialed in where i like the feel of everything, i dont mess with anything, I also did alot of stabilizer swapping to get the bow to do what i like after the shot. I have to say im a way better archer now then i ever was befor. and i havent had to mess with anything major for a while now.

11. QSA

QSA One eyed/Gutless wonder

Well I am done with the pro elite for now. I have shot my last 253 with it. Going back to the bow tech for now. Watch my score jump back up to 290 almost over night. But I am thing about, I hate to say it. My Martin for spots and do not call me M4L dang it. But as far as fooling around with things I know what works and how to set them up. The past few months I have not even had to adjust the scopes any from week to week. I pull them out of the case, mount the sure loc, attach the scope, fire a few arrows dead on, and I fall apart when it counts with the hoyt. So I am Bowtech Bound.

12. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Your M4L.....................:p

So what Bowtech are you going back to??:noidea:

13. QSA

Patriot I use to shoot it for spots 290 best with it. Then got the Hoyt I will sell it to you all set you 1000 dollars lol

14. QSA

I think I am a speed freak or some thing. I may have to get a iron mace or X force. You know one pin fits all