piston point broad heads

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by 62flint, Oct 15, 2007.

1. 62flint

62flint Member

Any one kill a deer with these yet? Just wondering how they work in the real world.

2. bowcraze30

bowcraze30 Senior Member

idk but there almost 50 bucks

3. Key west

Key west Junior Member

Muzzzy 100g. $36 for 6. Great broad head

4. Leebo

Leebo Junior Member

I shot a doe this year with one. Then missed another with the same one. Drove it up in the ground 6". Resharpened the blades and put it back in the quiver. So there a lot more durable than they look. Makes a nasty entrance and exit hole.

5. Timmer

Timmer Member

Not completely sure, but I'd heard that replacement blades are not even available for the Piston Points. From my understanding they will be out at some future time. They look nasty, but my Tekan II's do one heck of a job.

6. huntarcher

huntarcher Junior Member

shot a doe with one ant heads performed great I am very pleased with the piston point broaheads blades were fully opened at entrance and exit hole was slightly bigger good blood trail arrow buried 6 inches into the dirt and there was no damage done to the broadhead or blades

7. GreggWNY

GreggWNY Junior Member

I bought a pack but won't use them. They are absolutely the dullest blades I have ever seen. Using a stretched rubberband I had to really rub it hard on the blade to cut thru. Great concept crappy blades.

8. PatriotDually

PatriotDually Junior Member

Shot a doe broadsided, worked great, big holes. My buddy Phil shot a doe quartering away in the last rib, head skipped forward a few inches then after it went it, somehow it angled straight back up and lodged in the spine. Dropped the doe, but had to come in with a follow up shot. Really didn't like the fact that it changed directions like that. I went back to my Nap Spitfires, they are tried and true.