Please Eval Form

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by MVines, Sep 14, 2007.

1. MVines

MVines Junior Member

Hi All,

Since I am very new to this I am hoping for some constructive criticism on my form... i know I am leaning back at the waist, but other than that can you provide further info??? The top looking down picture was not taken high enough, so don't know if you can see anything from it or not.

Does it look like my draw may be a bit to long???

Thanks All,

Melissa

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. chelleo

chelleo Senior Member

Could use a closer view because it's too far to see how the anchor is. Can't tell if you have your nose touching string etc.

3. QSA

QSA One eyed/Gutless wonder

Looks a tab bit to short. But if you stand up straight it may fall into place.

4. Hook Em

Hook Em Slippy for President

I would say once you are standing up straight, it should be pretty close. If it is long, it won't be by much. Maybe a couple twists in the string will get you where you need to be. A closer pic would help to be sure though.

5. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

Melissa,

I agree with some of the other comments. I think your draw is close but need you standing straighter to really be able to tell. A closer picture would help so we can see where the string or loop is on your face.

I have included a picture with some drawn lines. The line from the elbow should run right down the arrow. Yours points toward the ground. I also have a line showing the angle of your torso. This should be straight or nearly straight.

I realize some of the high elbow could be that your shooting at a target that is not shoulder level.

I hope this helps

Last edited: Sep 14, 2007
  6. MVines

MVines Junior Member

Thanks...

For the thoughts. I will try to get better pictures and yes I was shooting at a target sitting the the ground.

Thanks Again,

Melissa

7. riff

riff Junior Member

how is your stance (feet postition) maybe open-up a bit' more ??? full body pic may help

nice bow, enjoy

8. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

your draw is to long. Your leaning back. Sorten it a 1/2" to start. And drop your release elbow down so its parallel w/ your bow arm.

9. IChim2

IChim2 IChim2 and he's a shooter

It looks better than mine...good thing i'm just a naturally good shot:laugh: .Looks like your distributing your wght more on one leg than both.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2007
  10. Werd

Werd Senior Member

chim..your on my team right? and yes you are too long. shorten up

11. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

I think you're alittle long...and as for shooting at a ground target, your draw arm should still be in line with your arrow. You should bend at the waist to aim lower...

12. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

I disagree, looking at these pics you cannot tell the DL is too long. And just because she is leaning backwards does not mean DL is too long.:nono: I am not saying her DL is not too long just that you cannot tell by these pics. Also when shooting at a low target bend at the waist.:peace:

Oh and by the way..........NICE BOW.:rockon:

13. QSA

QSA One eyed/Gutless wonder

Here is one for you. You should draw your bow level, stand up straight. get to anchor points set. Then pivot at the waste to aim low. DO NOT drop your bow arm. It will through every thoing off. Pivot at your waste to aim low or high.