Please Help Identify

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Mr. Green Genes, Jul 22, 2006.

1. Mr. Green Genes

Mr. Green Genes Junior Member

I have just returned from an estate sale where I purchased a hand made longbow. It is about 80 inches in length, tapered at both ends, with a very slight curve. Approximately 1 1/4" diameter with a little bit of work done to flatten the face. The wood is very dark, almost black and has a grain like walnut. It has a very loose string of some kind of natural fibers. Draw weight feels like it could go 50#. The craftsmanship appears to be more utilitarian than decorative which leads me to believe I have found a real hunting weapon.

There was also a bamboo arrow which was about 5 ft. long but it was trashed so I left it. (I may later regret that)

Thanks for any help someone might be able to give in identifying this.

2. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Welcome to the forum Green Genes I am not much of a longbowman but I do love them. Some of them are very rare and can be worth lots of $$$$$$. That being said there are many that are also common and not worth much except for their beauty and simplicity. I hope someone can help you out and confirm you have a real treasure. Good luck and keep us informed.:peace:

3. Mr. Green Genes

Last edited: Jul 23, 2006
  4. Mr. Green Genes

5. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

nice find

Welcome Green Genes.
    nice find, too bad the arrow was trashed though.
    Is there any way to find out the bows history?