please help with rest contact....

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by traemturner, Oct 10, 2007.

1. traemturner

traemturner Junior Member

i am shooting a hoyt vectrix with a ripcord rest and blazer vanes. i shoot perfect holes through paper, but i have been getting contact with my rest. my nock point is above level and my rest is set so it draws completely back or put in ****ed position. when i first got the bow i could should my muzzy broadheads dead on the same as my field points without any sight pin adjustments. now my broadheads are dropping about 6 inches and to the right. i can fix the contact problem by reseting the rest to not fully **** when drawn, but then i cant shoot when pre****ing the rest because it will not fall. i don't know if the rest is too slow or what? please let me know anything that might help

2. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

I'm not sure it sounds like you may be getting some bounce from your rest possibly. One thing, are you shooting with your C O C K vane up??? That is the correct way but I have seen some guys shooting with it down.

Oh and by the way :welcome: to the forum glad to have you here with us.

3. traemturner

yes i should **** feather up, i get even more contact with it down. i have looked everywhere for an answer and can't come up with one except that the rest may be too slow at falling. i tried adjusting the cord, but only had horrible results. i was thinking of cutting down the arms, but i would not have the benefit of the containment arm and still might have contact. would the trophy taker rests fall faster? im sure many people have this same bow, let me know what works for you. thanks

4. jetshowell

jetshowell Member

5. traemturner

has anyone else had this problem with ripcords and faster bows? if it is always a problem i will be switching rests. i am tired of tweaking this one and not getting perfect performance. thanks for the suggestion, that looks like a sweet rest for a decent price.

6. IChim2

IChim2 IChim2 and he's a shooter

Just curious...but whats all the *****for....:welcome:

7. Gator eye

Gator eye Guest

I have a rip cord on a XT and have no problems.

Where are you getting the contact from?? which vane?? On my XT with blazers I have to off set the **** vane to one side to help the riser side vane pass though without contact. Also as already stated watch out for a bounce back, where the launch arm bounces back up after it drops...I put a piece of foam on the riser where it hits.

throw some powder on your vanes and let us know where the contact is.:wave:

8. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

When you type C O C K vane the program automaticaly edits it because of possible profanity. I put spaces in between the letters to fool the program. See ****vane. I guess you should be calling it the Index vane or something like that.

9. IChim2

IChim2 IChim2 and he's a shooter

Thanks...I remember now that back when i first joined i used that word and it got edited.:doh:

10. Hook Em

Hook Em Slippy for President

I just wanted to post so I could say ****....

11. J.C.

J.C. New Member

:lol: :lol: :lol:

12. traemturner

thanks gator eye, that seems to have fixed the problem. its amazing how such a little bit of contact can change broadhead flight. thanks to everyone that help out.