PLEASE READ this link "CATS"

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by whitetail99, Jan 5, 2007.

1. whitetail99

whitetail99 Guest

I heard a great story on NPR about cats. Please encourage everyone to read this and do your part to correct this as stewards of the great outdoors

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=6728958
    It's possible that the number one killer of American birds is a much-beloved, domestic pet.

Experts say outdoor cats may kill hundreds of millions of wild birds each year -- but they aren't exactly sure how many.

Now, the American Bird Conservatory is asking pet owners to help count any small animals their household pets kill. When pet owners see a household pet kill a bird, squirrel, or anything else, they can go to the ABC's "Project Predator Watch" Web site and fill in the details.

Bird experts hope the information will indicate whether details like fur color or declawing a cat make a difference for birds. It's possible, however, that the survey results will also indicate good news for cat owners: the cats may also eat creatures like rats, which -- for instance -- prey on bird eggs.

2. olman

olman Member

feral cats

I like cats they taste like chicken:laugh: No really when ever I'm out hunting, loose cats are wild cats & have no rights except the right to have cross hairs. If a person owns a cat & wants no harm to come to it keep it in the house or on a leash like dog owners are required to do. When cats are allowed to run loose more times than not they end up killing wild bird & having kittens. I know they have kittens because I trapped 6-8 young cats at my house & I live in a rural subdivision (I still have more to trap). All of them met their demise!!

3. killbambidead

killbambidead bambi killer

me and my .22 take care of any strays that run around on our/our neighbors property

4. olman

olman Member

since I live in a neighborhood shooting a 22 posed a problem but I solved it with CB's they're quiet. now another problem. I can't get the screen out quick enough & the wife will kill me for holes in the screen.

5. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

the only good cats a dead cat......